Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX upgrade 5.0 to 9.0

ivana vidakovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are planning an UCCX upgrade from 5.0 to 9.0 on a UCS server. We're going to do a fresh install, and I would like to know if we will be able to use the old scripts and prompts on the new version, or will we have to build the scripts from scratch. If anybody has had a similar experience, I would appreciate the advice.

Best regards,

Ivana

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes!  Scripts and prompts from older versions work on newer versions as well.  The opposite is not true however, so if you upgrade to UCCX 9x, and need to roll back for some reason, your scripts from the UCCX 9x will not work on UCCX 5x.  Not that I think your upgrade wont work, or that you couldn't just restore from a UCCX 5x backup though.  I'm just covering both scenarios here. 

One thing to note, in UCCX versions 7x and lower, people could script incorrectly, and it would still work.  However, starting in UCCX 8x, there are additional restrictions and security measures in place, which will make those scripts fail.  Be sure to do your testing of all scripts before going live on UCCX 9x.  One of the major offenders of this is using the Write Document step to write files to the local C:\.  So, if you open all of your scripts, and do a CTRL+F "Write Document", to find this step, you may be able to correct it now, before you even go through the upgrade.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes!  Scripts and prompts from older versions work on newer versions as well.  The opposite is not true however, so if you upgrade to UCCX 9x, and need to roll back for some reason, your scripts from the UCCX 9x will not work on UCCX 5x.  Not that I think your upgrade wont work, or that you couldn't just restore from a UCCX 5x backup though.  I'm just covering both scenarios here. 

One thing to note, in UCCX versions 7x and lower, people could script incorrectly, and it would still work.  However, starting in UCCX 8x, there are additional restrictions and security measures in place, which will make those scripts fail.  Be sure to do your testing of all scripts before going live on UCCX 9x.  One of the major offenders of this is using the Write Document step to write files to the local C:\.  So, if you open all of your scripts, and do a CTRL+F "Write Document", to find this step, you may be able to correct it now, before you even go through the upgrade.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thank you