Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX Upgrade to 8.5.1SU3

Hello Team, we are currently on CCX 8.5(1)SU1 and want to go to SU3 to fix some issues. I've personally never upgraded CCX before and have done a lot of research on it. I'm pretty comfortable with everything, but one thing I have a question about is running the Client Configuration Tool.

From reading it looks like I just run that on my PC, go through a wizard like menu and then it uploads the settings to the server.

My question is, what do we have to do in terms of the Agent PCs? The upgrade will happen on a weekend, but they need to be taking calls first thing Monday morning. Do we need to run the config tool, then download the CAD and CSD and install on each agent PC? Or will the client automatically pull any required updates from the ccx server?

hanks,
Josh

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

UCCX Upgrade to 8.5.1SU3

Download and run the client configuration tool after the upgrade. Once this is done, launch your agent and supervisor desktops and they should pull down the update automatically. You'll need to be logged in to the PC as a local administrator to make sure  you don't run in to issues during the install.

By the way, the upgrade is very straight forward once you follow the documentation. I've noticed a big improvement with SU3.

Hope this helps..

Brian

please rate helpful posts

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

UCCX Upgrade to 8.5.1SU3

Correct, very simply upgrade (couple of hours) and then re-run the Client Configuration Tool on any PC. Basically press next couple of times and be done with it.

HTH,

Chris

Silver

UCCX Upgrade to 8.5.1SU3

Download and run the client configuration tool after the upgrade. Once this is done, launch your agent and supervisor desktops and they should pull down the update automatically. You'll need to be logged in to the PC as a local administrator to make sure  you don't run in to issues during the install.

By the way, the upgrade is very straight forward once you follow the documentation. I've noticed a big improvement with SU3.

Hope this helps..

Brian

please rate helpful posts

UCCX Upgrade to 8.5.1SU3

Awesome, thanks guys. I just realized none of the agents have admin rights on their PCs, so I'm glad I know that now

One more quick question on this topic that I just thought of... will I need to do anything with the scripts? Or will my scripts from 8.5(1)SU1 be compatible with version 8.5(1)SU3?

Thanks again!

Silver

UCCX Upgrade to 8.5.1SU3

Your scripts will be fine - no need to make any changes.

Brian

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content