Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX - Using CSQs for Reporting

Hi All,

I've recently come across a situation that requires reporting for calls that are received after a queue has reached it's maximum size.

Example situation:

A contact centre has a max queue size of five. There are currently five callers waiting to speak with an agent. A sixth call is placed to the script and is rejected with a closed message.

I would like to generate a separate report for the rejected calls. I have been able to do this in the past by assigning a CSQ with no agents/resources to the rejection step in the script and running a report for that CSQ only. Obviously, I could just replicate that process but I'd like to confirm that this method is the most efficient before moving forward. I know there are limitations to the number of CSQs on a UCCX server and that's not their intended use, so I figure there's likely a different method availble within a script. Any suggestions will be helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

UCCX - Using CSQs for Reporting

We need to be careful with the word Reject because this has an actual definition: deny the call setup request to CUCM which will in turn play a reorder tone. You can do a true reject in one of two ways: 1) use the Reject Contact step in a script; or, 2) set the maximum call quantity on the trigger or application. These will appear on the Rejected/Aborted calls report.

I'll explain how to do this without a real reject below; however, since there is a native report for Rejected calls it might be worth trying the following:

• Set the Call Forward Busy condition on the Trigger to another IVR application which simply plays the prompt you want.
  • Configure the original script with the Get Reporting Statistic step to find out the Contacts Waiting, then use an If step. If it meets your maximum, use the Reject Contact. If it's below your maximum, use Accept Contact.

Other than that your only way to get this done is to accept the contact, do your evaluation, play a prompt, and then write enterprise data to one of the call variables that gets written to db_cra. You'll need a custom report if you want it to look pretty but the raw data will be available through the call custom variables report.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or

Re: UCCX - Using CSQs for Reporting

Another possibility is to accept the call then dequeue the call if there are the max calls in queue already. You can then use the dequeued contacts value in the reports for this. Under the dequeue step you can do whatever logic you do when you reject call.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies