cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

UCCX v9 Call back script

Hi everyone,

I have built some scripts on earlier versions that work ok.  The first script I am building on v9 has a callback feature on it.  I have started with the script_repository_701 files as a basis and the 'normal' call flow works fine.  I have implemented the call back feature, the script captures the callers details and then hangs up, makes an outbound call and then gets stuck with the following loop as documented on the attached word doc.  i have searched for a solution online but haven't found any pointers.  I have attached the scripts for your review too.

Thanks in advance

15 REPLIES
Community Member

UCCX v9 Call back script

Any luck with this?  I'm working on the same problem. I understand where the issue is, but not how to fix it just yet.

Community Member

Re: UCCX v9 Call back script

Hi Brian,

I still haven't cracked it, I have got closer using session data but no final solution.  The client has agreed to drop the feature for phase one deployment to bring the system online so I have some breathing room in phase two to really focus on this.

Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm close to a solution using session data as well. Not giving up. I'll post a follow up when I have more to share.

Community Member

Hey Brian,

I have a working script

call back is configured on the menu option 1 only for testing.

once selected it prompts for a contact number and then a short message from the caller, once confirmed it hangs up.  the script holds the callers place in the queue and waits for an agent to respond by making an outbound call to the CBAgentLoop script.

Once an agent responds they get a prompt to press any key listen to the message, and then a menu to repeat the message, hear the number read out, or dial the stored number with some conditions applied.

If the caller is busy or the number is incorrect the script will read out an error message, the attempted dialled number and loop back to the agent menu.

This seems to work ok for me but I would appreciate any feedback, tips or questions you may have.

Community Member

Cool, thanks. I was actually able to get one working about a week ago. It's pretty basic. Grabs the caller ID from the contact, adds a few confirmation prompts and queues the call. I'll check out your script as soon as I get a chance.

I'm looking to add a few more customer-friendly prompts ... annunciate the caller ID back to the caller, allow them to accept or change, record a message, etc... then a more thorough handoff to the agent to playback the message, etc...

Community Member

I would like to have a look at your code if thats ok?

Community Member

Can do. Let me just remove any customer-specific info and I'll post the scripts. This would be my minimal, proof-of-concept. You're welcome to the finished script when I'm done.

Brian

Community Member

Hi Brian,

Hi Brian,

I am looking to implement this type of script solution for a client and I am not familiar with UCCX script, So could you please share your code if thats OK ?

Regards,

Luis.

Community Member

Hi Brian,

Hi Brian,

I am quite new to UCCX and have a similar courtesy callback from queue requirement (without scheduled call) and I was wondering if you could share any information with me regarding this.

I see that this trail is from some years back, but I thought I'll give it a try.

Kind regards,

Adrian

Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to implement a call back script and found yours. I have it working all the way to the point of the call redirect. I did a reactive debug and I can see that the variable for sCallbackNumber is correct. But when the line attempts to connect, it goes to the unsuccessful flag.

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I got this working. I figured out it was a problem with my call control group. The only issue I'm battling now is when placing the call into the queue. The Menu prompt plays immediately without waiting for an agent to pick up. So it's placing the call to the queue, then immediately playing the menu prompt.

Community Member

Hi Greyson,

Is the menu prompt you are referring to the callback menu presented to the agent?  I didn't have time to figure this step out so the menu loops until the agent responds to the call.  If you have worked out a solution I would be happy to review it.

Community Member

That is the response I was referring to. I didn't have a chance to really dive into it. I'm hoping to come up with a solution tomorrow. Once I get something working I'll post the config for others to review.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Community Member

UCCX v9 Call back script

I am looking to implement this type of script solution for a client.  Can this be performed with UCCX Enhanced Licenses, or is Premium required?  Also, can UCCX perform the call back natively, or is any 3rd party software/solution required for this solution?  Thx!

-john

Community Member

Courtesy Callback can be done with Enhanced ... but ONLY if you don't require scheduled callback. Scheduled callback would require Premium and a DB integration to set up this type of callback.

With non-scheduled/Enhanced callback no other software is required. Picture two scripts. The first script handles the caller and presents the options for courtesy callback, then places a call to the second script (and hangs up with the contact). The second "phantom call" sits in queue waiting for an agent. The agent pics up and hears the prompts to reconnect with the caller.

There are limitations, such as the phantom call can only be held for a limited time (based on the number of steps that are executed while the call is held). UCCX (if I recall correctly) has a limit of ~1000 steps. After that the application will end.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content