Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

UCCX ver 10 Release Date?

Hello,

I don't know if this is allowed in here specifically, but I wanted to find out more about 10, it's release date and key implementations and retirements. We're soon to be upgrading from version 7 which is about to be retired and no longer supported with version 9 in mind. 

First when is the release going to happen

Second what are the key new features and retirements

Third - would it be best to wait for 10 if it's going to release sooner than later?

Thank you, I greatly appreciate your responses.

8 REPLIES

UCCX has been out for a few

UCCX 10 has been out for a few weeks already.

The new features section of the Release Notes should get you started on what's new in 10, however, you'll also need to read what's new in 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.1 and all of their respective Service Updates, as each of these releases could have changed the way things work, and what features are avaliable.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/products-release-notes-list.html

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony, I've been reading

Hi Anthony, I've been reading about upgrading to 10 and I'm really interested in the virtualization and retirement of a separate CCX reporting database server. Virtualizing the system is such a huge step forward and offers so much more in the ease of expansion and scalability.

I'm not sure why you had a

I'm not sure why you had a separate database server for reporting.  Was it a third party product?  With UCCX 10, we now have CUIC Standard, which is on the UCCX server, so no need for an additional server there.

Yes, virtualization is nice, and it was introduced to us in UCCX 8x.  You still only get one extra server for redundancy, and it's still only warm standby, so not much has changed there.  Unless you are considering clustering of the WAN, in which case that is now supported as well.

Anthony Holloway

We're still on vers 7. Do you

We're still on vers 7. Do you have any familiararity with the ability to record agents in ver 10 while in CAD? Does it support screen capture or recording? or does it still require the separate app WFO?

No, no experience really. 

No, no experience really.  WFO is still the means of compliance and quality recording/reporting.  UCCX 10 now supports Media Sense.

"It supports Unified Communications Manager-based silent monitoring and workflow-based recording with MediaSense and Work Force Optimization (WFO)."

Source: UCCX 10.0 Release Notes - New Features

Anthony Holloway

Our shop isn't a large call

Our shop isn't a large call center, only 283 agents but each of the 15 teams and supporting queues all live and die by their reports and ability to listen in and review archived recordings. So WFO is a huge must have, I was just hoping they would've incorporated it by now.

That's not small in the

That's not small in the context of UCCX.  Good luck on your migration.

Anthony Holloway

Cisco Employee

Hi,You can use the on-demand

Hi,

You can use the on-demand recording in-built functionality on UCCX where supervisor initiated recordings are stored on the Server. This is limited by the space on the server which is 2.6 GB per server.

UCCX 8.x onwards is intended for on-demand recording.

We have integration with Media Sense for recording starting 10.x

Regards,

Arundeep

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content