cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX version 8.5 database access request

wildflower1977
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirement from my client to allow read access to the UCCX database for Dacon Wallboards and to run reports like on their legacy 4.1 IPCC.

UCCX System version: 8.5.1.11002-22

I have found a similar request on the forum (below) but not for this version, any pointers?

UCCX SQL access for third party application

We have a requirement from customer to allow read access to UCCX database. This account would be used to query the UCCX database and it will use as a service account for another system.

Please let me know how create DB account on UCCX.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3494346#3494346

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can't create an account, but you can give them the uccxwallboard or uccxhruser accounts (set the password for these in Tools/Password Management menu in AppAdmin)

They can then connect using the IBM Informix ODBC driver as indicated here: http://amrgaber.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/create-an-odbc-connection-to-connect-to-cisco-uccx-server/

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron is correct as always. I only want to add a strong word of caution here. There is at least one report of an improper query corrupting db_cra. If you use the uccxhruser note that it does have limited write permissions (e.g. create stored procedures/methods). TAC will not support you if they become aware of the non-supported database access. At a minimum I would suggest leaning on the the wallboard vendor to certify support for CCX. If this is an HA-cluster don't forget that there is a required SOAP API to determine which node has mastership as well. It would be wreckless to just throw this into production without having some type of support model setup.