Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX voicemail redirect

Good evening everyone,

I'm hoping someone can give me some assistance with this question about uccx scripting as I am new to scripting and can't follow the logic. I see in the script that there is a menu option then voicemail then a Dequeue, which I gather takes the call out of any queue it is in, then a 'redirect' invoked to the voicemail pilot. What I don't understand is that it's sending the call to the voicemail pilot (by the logic I'm looking at the script), which is the voicemail number for all users, but in all actuality the call is sent to a unity voicemail box that is also a route point. In this example the route point/unity box is ext. 5740. I have attached the piece of the script, but I can't understand how by looking at this script it "knows" to send to that voicemail box, when the "to strVMPilot" is the voicemail pilot. Also, under checking the properties of the 'Call Redirect' the called address is reset to a name of CBred, but the value is set to "". I was thinking it would be set to the actual unity- voicemail box, but it was not.I hope I'm giving enough info and that I don't sound to wildly inaccurate. Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES

In this example, the call is

In this example, the call is being redirected to whatever the value of the strVMPilot variable is.  So, the value of the strVMPilot variable should be "5740" in order for the call to be redirected to ext. 5740.  If it is just "", the call will go nowhere.  Make sense?

It makes perfect sense that

It makes perfect sense that it should go to nowhere, but why does it go to the correct mailbox? The value of the strVMPilot is the actual pilot number for the entire company. Thanks for your reply.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

If last redirect number does

If last redirect number does not map to any mailboxes on Unity, unity will look at the originally dialed number (CTI RP in your case) and route the call to matching mailbox if one exists. So, this works as designed.

Chris

Dat,Will already pointed out

Dat,

Will already pointed out what the destination is which is the voicemail pilot, he was wondering why the call still goes to specific mailbox for which you can see my response.

Chris

Bronze

Chris,I have used this a lot

Chris,

I have used this a lot with call redirect and send the call straight to voice mail with called addess reset to a specific mail box number. And it is working ok on my end with both Unity and Unity Connection.

Will,

Can you check to see if variable CBred has parameter option check. If it does, then you can check the application to see if it is being overrode (overridden?) with any number.

Dat

I dont disagree and of course

I dont disagree and of course the idea is to send the call to desired number, for example lets say I want to send the call to user with DN 2000 voicemail box without ringing it, the best solution is to redirect the call to lets say 11112000 which is defined as CTI RP on CUCM with profile mask of XXXX and set to forward all to VM. Keep in mind you cannot start the redirect string in UCCX with * or # hence 1111 or anything non-overlapping in your dial plan.

However if you simply point to the voicemail pilot (which the question is about) then the call when answered by unity will attempt to find a mailbox with the originally dialed number which is the CTI RP that was used to send the call to UCCX, so one can add that as alternate extension on desired mailbox.

HTH,

Chris

Bronze

Chris, The redirect call can

Chris,

The redirect call can be sent directly to voice mail pilot with called address destination reset to a specific target as long as css allow between cti ports and voice mail ports.

Dat

Hey Chris, Thanks alot! That

Hey Chris, Thanks alot! That makes sense. I guess that's why I see the route points as well as the mailboxes. What would happen if in the redirect if I put that voicemail box?

Bronze

Open up the Call Redirect

Open up the Call Redirect property, and check on Called Address setting . That will be the voice mail box that the call is being forwarded to.

Dat

Views
Helpful
Replies