Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX vs CUC for Reception

fedor.solovev
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello, everybody.
I am thinking about persuasive arguments to replace CUC with UCCX for a simple scenario:

Incoming call-> greeting-> transfer to Secretary HG-> Answer a Call-> Transfer to a subscriber
I couldn't find any brochure with certain descriptions what advantages a customer may obtain with using UCCX instead CUC.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unless you are planning on making the secretaries part of an ACD queue on CCX which typically in my experience is not what they require/desire, I would not force it on them. Instead of trying to fit something to work with the technology I suggest you gather the business requirements and deploy the technology that can accomplish these requirements and requires least maintenance (i.e. changes) and cost (VM ports are usually much cheaper that CCX CTI Ports, especially if you have CCX Premium).  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Simple call flows are always preferred to be done in CUC, complex call flows that require lookups, checks, digit manipulation will require CCX.  Based on what you provided I don't see why you would need to use CCX. Depending on your CUCM version you can also use line group with announcements to play the message directly on CUCM.

Hello, Chris.
This is exactly my point, - I am trying to find out some interesting features of UCCX, which may bring happiness to secretaries bored by HG things.
I am pretty sure that CUIC reports may show some interesting information about incoming calls, since most of incoming calls are answered by a reception.
I simply need to interest a customer with UCCX.

Unless you are planning on making the secretaries part of an ACD queue on CCX which typically in my experience is not what they require/desire, I would not force it on them. Instead of trying to fit something to work with the technology I suggest you gather the business requirements and deploy the technology that can accomplish these requirements and requires least maintenance (i.e. changes) and cost (VM ports are usually much cheaper that CCX CTI Ports, especially if you have CCX Premium).