Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

UCCX Web Chat agent login

Hi,

I am installing new UCCX 10.5 and SocialLiner 10.5

Having configured SocialMiner in UCCX with FQDN, having configured feed and campaign like in a few doc I saw

I cant' log into uccx agentdesktop nor in the CAD work site to agentdesktop.

I work with FQDN and I have install uccx and socialminer certificates on my laptop like it is shown on wiki doc.

Socialminer users are authenticated against AD and I can log my agents to socialminer. I can also log my agent on CAD

I have the error message '

Can any body help me ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Brad,  I had to deactivate

Hi Brad,  I had to deactivate Finesse from CLI:

"utils uccx finesse deactivate"  and then reboot uccx server.

Regards

8 REPLIES

Sorry I failed the copy

Sorry I failed the copy&paste

The message is:   You are not a valid Chat Agent

Laptop in on Windows7

Hi,Having turned around my

Hi,

Having turned around my issue for 2 days , having read a lot of documentation ou discussions all telling about certificates issues or browser version issues, I opened a case to the TAC.

In fact the problem was that you can use CAD and Finesse for web chat at the same time and Finesse was running on my server.  We desacivated finesse on UCCX server and immediatly my user was able to log.

Thanks to Adam

Cisco Employee

Hi, Guy. I'm having what

Hi, Guy. I'm having what sounds like the same issue. Did you just stop the Cisco Finesse Tomcat service or was there some other step you had to take to deactivate finesse? 

Cheers, 

brad

Hi Brad,  I had to deactivate

Hi Brad,  I had to deactivate Finesse from CLI:

"utils uccx finesse deactivate"  and then reboot uccx server.

Regards

Cisco Employee

That did it. Thanks!

That did it. Thanks!

Hello,

Hello,

I am getting the same error message when logging into web chat.  However I plan on using Finesse primarily to answer web chats.

Did anyone confirm if Finesse has to be disabled for web chat to function?

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

Yes, If you activate Finesse

Yes, If you activate Finesse the CAD single session chat would stop to work.The reason is because Finesse supports multisession chat whereas CAD only supports single session chat and hence once finesse is enabled the single session chat using CAD would no longer work.

The same is documented in below Design Guide. Please check the Web Chat section of the below document that clearly states:

Web Chat

• Move all agents who handle chat to Cisco Finesse at the same time.

• Configure all Web Chat Agents to log in to Cisco Finesse. CAD-based Web Chat is not supported, and will not function for any CAD agent after Cisco Finesse is activated.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express.pdf

Regards

Deepak

- Do Rate Helpful Posts -

I am wondering that web chat

I am wondering that web chat only runs, if Finess desktop is deactivated.

But it's true. Testet also on:

UCCX 10.5.1.10000-24

SocialMiner: Application Software Version: 10.5(1)-4
Operating System Active Software Version: 10.5.1.10000-6

UCCX and SocialMiner are running on a Cisco UCS Server.

Is this the expected behaviour?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content