Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

UCCX - Where and how to set finesse callvariable?

Hello,

I am new to CCX and finesse and I must be missing something very obvious because I can't find the information going through the online documentation. All the documentation I found explain how to add a callVariable/ECC variable into the "Manage CallVariable Layout" in finesse, but I can't find anywhere where it is explained how to define/set what those variable should be/point to. So currently when I look at the report I just have a list of blank callVariable1 to 10...

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES

Hi,you can set the value of a

Hi,

you can set the value of a CallVariable or ECC variable in your script. Use the Set step, perhaps.

G.

Community Member

Gergely, Thanks for your

Gergely,

Thanks for your answer.

That put me in the right direction.

If someone needs a more precise answer, it is indeed in the script that the value needs to be assigned to these callVariable# variables.

Along the script, collect in variables (that you define yourself  in your script) the values that you need. Then in your script, when needed add a the "Set Enterprise Call Info" object

for example when the call gets connected:

-- Select Resource

----Connected

--------Set Enterprise Call Info

In that object, in the first "General tab" click on the [Add...] button to pass a script variable value to a callVariable# variable. For example

Values=myvariable

Names= Call.PeripheralVariable1 (which refers to callVariable 1 in the "Manage CallVariable Layout" in "finesse Administration")

Tokens= All (tokens can be used for arrays. So you can pass 1 script variable value to Call.PeripheralVariable1 token 0 and then another script variable value to Call.PeripheralVariable1 token 1. The result will display something like "value 1 | value 2")

The "Extended Call Variables" tab is used to pass values to the ECC variables.

Community Member

Hello Gergely,I have followed

Hello Gergely,

I have followed the steps in passing values to ECC variable by using Set Enterprise Call Info step and here is the thread that I follow and have pasted my steps where I need assistance to know why I am unable to see values over Finesse Desktop. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12425561/configuration-call-peripheral-variables-and-expanded-call-context-ecc-finesse#comment-10287026

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Regards

M Taha

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content