cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX5.0 - How to disable unwanted subsystems?

smaruvada
Level 1
Level 1

I have UCCX5.0 Premium w/ HA Option. In control centre, my nodes are in partial service because CRS engine is always in partial service. Reason being, there are four susbsytems that not in use.

Database Subsystem

eMail Subsystem

MRCP ASR Subsystem

MRCP TTS Subsystem

Since I am not using these features, can I disable them? It is not impacting anything anyway. Just that, the nodes are always in partial service. If I disable, then nodes will be always in full service. Thanks

Sunil Maruvada

9 Replies 9

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Sunil,

you get this subsystems since the Premium license is allowing them to be deployed.

You could use control center, subsystem properties to disable them.

There are no side effects for it.

Regards,

Riccardo

Riccardo,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to look for properties option and could not find anything under Control Center. Would you mind sharing the exact steps required to disable the unwatned features. I am not using DB, eMail, ASR & TTS features at this point. Thanks

Sunil Maruvada

Sincere aplogies Sunil,

the option I was thinking of is no more available since IPCCX 4.0.4.

You could enable or disable features on a node using the serviceability tools, just check a node and you will see what you could enable and disable and the mentioned are not there.

There is an outstanding feature request, CSCsf96864 to do what you are asking, but the fix is not committed yet.

Regards,

Riccardo

No problem at all.

Thanks for confirming it. I looked at all possible places and could not find anything.

Thanks again for answering my question.

:)S

Hi Sunil,

some good news ;-)

I followed up with the Engineering Group, the DDTS fix will be in 7.0, they are looking to port it back to all the newer version of outstanding releases.

This might mean that if you check in the newer Release Note for a newer Service Release of your version you might see a fix soon.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi,

how can I activated MRCP TTS Subsystem?

do I need another server, or this service is preinstalled in the IPCC Premium

A separate server is required. This is commonly a Nuance server and software which use the MRCP protocol to integrate with CCX.

This is explained within the SRND document: http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/design/guide/uccx70srnd.pdf

Hi All

I have this issue with a customer running UCCX 5.0.

Does anyone know if it is resolved or a workaround yet?

Cheers

Andy

Hi abcronin

you are having this problem because there is no possibility to disable this subsystems in order to see a clear "In Service"

Seems to be a bug.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: