Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX7.0 and Call-Pickup Group

cisco.techie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am using UCCX 7 with CUCM 7. We have total of 20 Agents configured for 4 skillgroups (configured as Premium agents). Can we have Call-Pickup groups configured for the IP Phone extensions used by these agents, that is, when the IP Phone Rings on Agent 'A', Agent 'B' should be able to pick up the call from Agent 'A'. We have the option for Agent that agent does not get not ready selected in the UCCX configuration.

Please suggest if call pickup group with UCCX is workable solution / supported configuration.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

daljeetsingh1_2
Level 3
Level 3

Default setting for RONA is to go to Not Ready when no answer. any specific reason to choose it otherwise? i dont think Group Pickup would be supported configuration and never tried it either. May be someone else can also confirm.

Thanks,

Daljeet

To add to what i mentioned in the above post.

Unsupported Actions for Unified CCX Agents

Use of the following softkeys on a Cisco Unified IP Phone is not supported:

Barge

cBarge

DirTrfr

DND

GPickup

iDivert

Join

MeetMe

Park

Pickup

HTH

Daljeet

PS: Please rate helpful posts.

Is there any plans or work arounds for this.  We have a new install that this is causing a major issue.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi, can you please let us know what are u trying to achieve? which is causing issues with the new install?

I dont see this feature in TOI's for UCCX 8. But can double check if you confirm what you want to achieve.

Thanks,

Daljeet

The customers main issue is that they would like to to pickup a call that is ringing for an agent from another agents phone.  Their situation is as follows:  Queue 3 has 4 operators..these operators are the "3rd" line of agents that answer incoming calls.  They have other job responsibilities other and than simply answering incoming calls.  Several times they may be working with someone in person and they recieve a call from the queue.  Another agent that is not with someone would like to pickup that call so it doesn't have to timeout and get pulled back in the queue.  I understand that call pickup is handled by the UCCM not the UCCX but I would think this could be added into the UCCX agent to pull a call from an agents phone..@ this point control would still be on the UCCX server.  We have worked changing the time the agent rings before the call is pulled back and they are put in a Not Ready state but this hasn't seemed to resolve the issue.

This has been the biggest hurdle for this install.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe, I got what you are trying to do but fortunately / unfortunately this is the only way system works and i don't find this feature in CCX 8 too.

May be someone else can also confirm.

Thanks,

Daljeet

joeharb wrote:

They have other job responsibilities other and than simply answering incoming calls.  Several times they may be working with someone in person and they recieve a call from the queue. 

Surely when they start working with someone in person, they simply click "Not Ready" for the duration and go "Ready" again when their guest leaves?

Regards,

Geoff

That is correct, the pickup group is not support. Also what Geoff suggests is the best way to solve this issue, but if the agent forgets to get not ready, the agents supervisor could pull the agent to get not ready from the Supervisor Desktop.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: