Community Member

UCCX7 - email subsystem to send email in script

Hi,

I want to send an email in script and configured in UCCX subsystem/email

env)

-mail server=external SMTP server

-email address=email address belong to the external SMTP server

-UCCX email subsystem service started

-able to telnet the external SMTP server via tcp port 25 from UCCX box.

problem)

-when I configure external SMTP server which is able to telnet via tcp 25, the email script immediately end-up to "unsuccessful" - I don't have visibility the external SMTP server but able to telnet with tcp 25.

-when I configure wrong SMTP server (not existing SMTP server to test) which is not able to telnet via tcp 25, the email script wait couple seconds (looks re-trying and timeout) and end-up to "unsuccessful"

-the script works okay when I test in LAB system which the SMTP server part of intra network of UCCX box

Advise please!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: UCCX7 - email subsystem to send email in script

The caveat is that installing third-party software on the CCX server is unsupported. This will also break when you upgrade to CCX 8.0 because it is a sealed GNU/Linux appliance.

This should work with your standard SMTP server. I would recommend following others' recommendations and perform a manual SMTP test through telnet to understand why this is being rejected by your existing mail server.

6 REPLIES
Community Member

If not mistaken it must be Exchange server

-JT-

VIP Super Bronze

There is no requirement for Microsoft Exchange. The most likely cause is that the server is requiring SMTP authentication which CCX cannot provide. The mail server administrator must accept mail relay/unauthenticated connections from the CCX server's IP.

Green

Unless you are using ESMTP there is no authentication.

To check, telnet to the SMTP server and issue the three or four simple commands to send a test email to yourself. The syntax for SMTP is pretty simple.

Regards,

Geoff

Community Member

Thanks guys,

I download free SMTP server from "www.softstack.com" into UCCX box and able to send email successfully from script.

-Any caveat by using the free SMTP server application in UCCX box?

-the free SMTP srever is not "service" type so I need always lauch the application which means not automatically start when reload the UCCX box. Any other recommendation free SMTP server?

Thanks,

John

VIP Super Bronze

The caveat is that installing third-party software on the CCX server is unsupported. This will also break when you upgrade to CCX 8.0 because it is a sealed GNU/Linux appliance.

This should work with your standard SMTP server. I would recommend following others' recommendations and perform a manual SMTP test through telnet to understand why this is being rejected by your existing mail server.

Community Member

I'm trying to set up the script to send out email after caller waits in a queue for 1 minute, but run into errors. How did you set up yours? Did you use Send eMail from pallet? Could you please provide some quidelines or post the script? Thank you in advance. Gundars

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content