Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX7, how to change "write document" directory

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to write a file to network directory (ex, N:\) instead of UCCX default "c:\program files\wfavvid"

Advise please!!

6 Replies 6

Its just like you would do for any other file path. All file paths are refering to what you have on UCX box.

In your write document you want to selct a string parameter. The value for that string has to be your desired path in quotes.

I have attached a screenshot see if that helps and resolves your need.

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks,

Baseer.

Writing to the hard disk is NOT SUPPORTED. I would strongly recommend against building a script that does this as it will break when 8.0 comes out.

Your only supported write destination are the repositories that you access through /appadmin. The data is saved into the database and periodically synchronized to the hard disk at run time for the engine to use.

I forgot to tell the file is recorded .wav file. Not URL or XML. writing the .wav file into network driver (ex, J:\) will support in UCCX version 8?

Thanks - John

No it will not. Again, the ONLY supported location for ANY files will be the respective repository: prompt, document, grammer.

If you want to access something off-box you will need to use HTTP steps.

I don't know if a prompt saved outside repository will be played. I would be curious if its stored outside prompts and any of its sub directories that can be accessed and played.

You can get the data and play appropriate text you may want to lookinto tts etc as well as an option.

Until version 8, any file on the local disk can technically be accessed. There are not sufficient directory access restrictions placed on the mivr engine to prevent this.

The reason the repositories are the only supported path is because they are in the SQL database and included in HA replication and backups. The contents of those database tables are periodically copied to the file system for the engine to use.

Since 8.0 and beyond will be a sealed GNU/Linux appliance you will be engineering yourself into a corner by following an unsupported route. You won't be able to upgrade without fixing what you weren't supposed to do in the first place.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: