I have single UCCX7 box which all services include monitoring/recording started and want to understand the packet flow behavior with CAD application.
1. Monitoring, Desktop capture mode
1) in CSD, select CAD and click "start Monitoring"
2) copy the RTP packets from agent IP Phone to CAD via IP Phone "SPAN port" feature
3) CAD sends the RTP packets to CSD and CSD able to hear the agent IP Phone conversation via CSD's sound card
->please advise whether the steps are correct!!
2. Monitoring, Server capture mode
1) how start the monitoring?
2) where the actual file stores? which directory in UCCX box?
(**I know UCCX's 2nd NIC which configured to VOIP monitor receiving RTP packets via switch's SPAN port but don't know how the monitoring start and where the file stored)
3. Recording, Desktop capture mode
1) click "start Recording" in CSD or CAD (CAD=add button from work flow user interface)
3) where the actual file stores? CAD box or CSD box?
(**I know CSD can retrieve the recorded file and have an option to save but don't know where the recorded file retrieved)
4. Recording, Server capture mode
1) how start the recording?
1. This is correct. CSD sends the startMonitoring message to CAD directly. CAD sends RTP packets to CSD directly and CSD plays them.
2. CSD sends startMonitoring to UCCX server. Since the agent phone is spanned to the UCCX server's VOIP Mon NIC, the server then traps the packets and sends them back to the CSD which plays them.
3. Recorded files are stored in TO and FROM .raw format in C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop_Audio on the UCCX server
4. Same as above.
The best thing to do, and how most of TAC troubleshoots is to use the CSD and CAD debugs set to TRACE and also Wireshark on the CAD, CSD and UCCX server all at the same time.