cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX8.5 Menu Report

Neal haas
Level 3
Level 3

I have a Simple Menu that needs reporting for which selection a customer selects. ie English or Spanish etc.

Is UCCX 8.5 able to give me reports on this? Do I need to enable anything in my script to report this?

Cisco Unified CCX Standard

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Under each menu option, you can place a Set Enterprise Call Info step.  You can then set a value for each option chosen (i.e. set value of "English", "Spanish", etc for Call.PeripheralVariable1 when caller chooses the corresponding menu option).

You can then run the Call Custom Variables report to see how many people chose each option.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

View solution in original post

It's just a historical report.  When you run the Call Custom Variable report for the application you add this to, you will see that there are 10 fields that can be populated (in essence, allowing you to report on 10 different variables).  Since you will only populate the data into the Call.PeripheralVariable1 field, that is the field you will see "English" or "Spanish" or whatever else you want.  If you want to see only those calls with a value of "English", you would change the filter parameter to "Call.PeriperhalVariable1" with a value of "English" then run the report.

It won't give you a summarry of how many times each one was done, you'll need to do that manually.  But this report will allow you to report on menu options.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Under each menu option, you can place a Set Enterprise Call Info step.  You can then set a value for each option chosen (i.e. set value of "English", "Spanish", etc for Call.PeripheralVariable1 when caller chooses the corresponding menu option).

You can then run the Call Custom Variables report to see how many people chose each option.

Thank you, Now that I have this, How do I get the report? Do I need something special or is this just a historical report?

It's just a historical report.  When you run the Call Custom Variable report for the application you add this to, you will see that there are 10 fields that can be populated (in essence, allowing you to report on 10 different variables).  Since you will only populate the data into the Call.PeripheralVariable1 field, that is the field you will see "English" or "Spanish" or whatever else you want.  If you want to see only those calls with a value of "English", you would change the filter parameter to "Call.PeriperhalVariable1" with a value of "English" then run the report.

It won't give you a summarry of how many times each one was done, you'll need to do that manually.  But this report will allow you to report on menu options.

Thanks for the help! Now that I have learned 2 new things today, I can go home right?

Since it's 2 things, why not take tomorrow off as well?   8~)

I have added the Triggering Contact, seems simple enough. Now I just need to wait until tomorrow to see what that stuff looks like...

Looks good, but I notice you have a 1 second delay then a 5 second delay.  That will give you a 6 second delay between the "pEnglishSpanish" menu and the "pEonly" or "MenuSpanish" menus.  Not sure if you want that long of a pause between menus.

True, I was asked for a pause and am trying to let the area see what they want......more of a political thing,

Thanks

Were you able to run a report for yesterday and is it showing you what you are looking for?

Nothing showed up, They are going to start using the script next week. I will work ont he reporting then when I get some more traffic.

jesposito1
Level 1
Level 1

This has been very helpful as we're trying to track the same data, but I did notice one difference in my script. Mine shows Set Enterprise Call Info (--Triggering Contact--), but not Variabeles Used. What does that part do and where do I set it in the script? In the below image, I have shown how I have my script based on another forum post suggestion. It does function to an extent, although the reporting shows a doubling of the menu options chosen. Does this look incorrect?

I'm not quite sure if the token should be set to All or a specific parameter, which is why the first Token box is specific and the rest are general. Appreciate any help you guys can provide, I am clearly far from an advanced script guy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: