Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access UCCE API

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am unable to access any of the APIs on UCCE. I am using postman and I USE basic authentication using a domain account. However each time I get a 403 forbidden error.

E.g. I try to send a GET request for

https://x.x.x.x/unifiedconfig/config/globalsetting

Where x.x.x.x is IP address of router.

Using domainaccount@domain.com

But I get 403..

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Be sure that the User has 'Configuration' selected in their User Profile. Also, is this a lab? You should be sending these requests to an AW/HDS so I assume you just have an all-in-one?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm pretty certain that globalsetting is not an API. What are you trying to retrieve? 

Hi Omar,

Looks like this is a valid API. I saw this on a Cisco doc. When I browse to that url I get request for authentication which tells me it is  valid page..

Even when I try other request like..

https://<server>/unifiedconfig/config/precisionqueue

I get same error. I am just trying to explore the APIs and not looking for anything in particular .

Do you have an SSL cert generated for the AW and installed locally on your machine?

I don't know anything about UCCE, but just wanted to say that a 403 Forbidden response to an HTTP GET would not be related to certificates. Your client would have never made the request in the first place. Granted, any terrible developer could return a 403 for any and all faults. I.e., "An Unknown Error Has Occurred"

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I assume you already tried to drop the @domain portion? Did you try domain\username format as well?

Anthony 

Indeed I tried without the domain and I get 401 unauthorized..I tried with domain\username and I get 401 as well

That's very positive actually, since that tells you that your UPN format is passing the Authentication step. As in, you are supplying good credentials.

Now the 403 part is likely saying, you are not Authorized. Do you need to configure your user with any special roles? Like Administrator, or API Access, Remote Admin, etc.?

I did see this in the dev guide:

"Administrator access to Packaged CCE Administration APIs and items is defined by the role and by the departments for which the administrator is responsible."

Be sure that the User has 'Configuration' selected in their User Profile. Also, is this a lab? You should be sending these requests to an AW/HDS so I assume you just have an all-in-one?

Thank you!. After trying the AW/HDS, I was able to get successful response for some queries. I still get 403 forbidden and I think it may well have to do with the roles. I successfully setup configuration role for the user on the config manager.

anshumsi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i am getting this 403 forbidden as well. i am sending the API requests to the AW/HDS and using the basic authentication as a domain user account, also that i have the "configuration" selected in the user profile.. still i get no response..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: