Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to install CCX (8.0) Supervisor Desktop

Hello everybody.

I have a client with CCX 8.0(2)_SU3 {8.0.2.11004-12} and I've been trying to install the CSD (MSI installer) downloaded from the server's Plug-ins page but with no luck !

I tried to several different PCs both WinXP & Win7 but the installation failed - although with different error messages.

The WinXP (SP3) machines crash the installation with "Error 1335.The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' ... is corrupt and cannot be found..." while the Win7 (32bit, SP1) reports "Error 2902.Operation ixoFieCopy called out of sequence".

Moreover, these plug-ins do not exist for standalone downloading from CCO so I have no alternative.

I do not understand why this is happening.   Anyone seen this before and gotten over it ?

You people are my last resort before considering a TAC case - not sure if even this will help...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanx

Costas

16 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

Did you run the client configuration tool from the plugins page first?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes, I did run the CCX Desktop Client Configuration tool.

It does not let you even download the rest of the clients (CDA, CSD & CAD) if you don't !

Costas

Please try the below options,

1. In the plugins run the first option which client configuration.msi and run it. Give the administrator password.

And run it.

2. If you have agent desktop installed remove it first. And any other contact center softwares. And run the supervisor desktop alone. And check.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

As I answered to a previous remark, I did run the CCX Desktop Client Configuration tool...

At least two of the PCs I tried to install CSD had no other CCX S/W installed whatsoever !

From my PC I already unistalled (& reboot) the CAD & CDA I initially had - unless you count the CCX Editor as well.

But as I said I did try to "clean" PCs and it also failed.

Costas

Same issue with UCCX 8.5 was observed and has a solution as well in the below link,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2095725

Solution:

Problem was in SplkWinPcap.dll file.  I don't know why was this file  wrong. I used second metod for  generation msi files and all is ok.

MSI  file has correct splkwinpcap.dll and instalation is now  working. -  (regeneration from web interface uccx didn't help, but second  metod  helped.)

Thanks,

Anand

Sorry but, I am not aware of that 2nd method of generation you're talking about.

Can you elaborate on that please ?

Thanx

Costas

Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please check and try the following steps:

-Check if all ports are open

-Next

Try doing a clean boot to eliminate any third party driver conflicts.  Once you are booted with a minimal set of Windows drivers, try installing one of the problem programs and see if that works. How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If that does not work, try turning off user account control: 1.  Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.  2.  Click Turn User Account Control on or off.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.  3.  Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box to turn on UAC, or clear the check box to turn off UAC, and then click OK.

-Also completely uninstall the antivirus, reboot in diagnostic mode and then run the Configuration tool

Let us know if this helps

Thanks,

Prashanth

Re: Unable to install CCX (8.0) Supervisor Desktop

I appreciate the effort Prashanth but, if I have to do the above - in case this actualy solves the problem - to all the Supervisor PCs at the client, they would shoot me on the spot !!

Will give it a try though, at my desktop sometime in the weekend...

Costas

Anand, are you refering to the ability to generate these files at CCX pre-installation using the corresponding files on the CD/DVD CCX installation media ?

That would be interesting to see...

Costas

Super Bronze

Hi

I presume he is - those are the only two methods I'm aware of.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Costas,

I don't think it is possible to copy the CAD\CSD installers from the media kit.

The link what I gave before might be talking about saving the CAD\CSD and installing it,  instead of diectly installing it from UCCX.

Did you try saving the CAD\CSD locally on your PC and gave a try installing it.

Also please try making the second node as the Master and give a try.

Thanks,

Anand

I mentioned it because I remembered reading about a process that generated the Desktop files at pre-install time for distribution, using a file from the installation media.  It is supposed to do just that...

As for your last suggestion, that is the way I did it.   I saved the files locally before trying to install them.

There is no 2nd node (no HA) - single node implementation.

Costas

Super Bronze

Hi

You can install CAD/CSD from media.

On the DVD, on 8.x versions there is an 'installer' folder in the root.

Copy that to your PC.

Run the .exe in the folder and it asks for language, server IPs etc and once it's done you have preconfigured MSIs... ideal for when you need to supply them to customer in advance of an upgrade so they can publish it to PCs.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

That's what I was talking about !

In case nothing else comes-up I will certainly give this a try by next week that I'll be back to the customer.

Costas

Cisco Employee

Hello,

I understand the difficulty in convincing your supervisors.

However this is a corruption and can be fixed by the steps I mentioned above, as we have helped previous customers on TAC cases.

Here's what I would suggest, implement it on your machine and then across other platforms

Thanks,

Prashanth

Gentlemen,

I resolved the issue !

I run once more the "CCX Desktop Client Configuration tool" from the plugins page of the CCX server, forcing it to produce all the clients again.   Guess what...   This time the CSD installation file works perfectly !

I managed to install it at my WinXP laptop and run it.

I suppose (for some reason) the first pass really produced a corrupted installation file w/o giving to me any errors during the process but, the second pass was a charm !

I would like to thank everybody for their contribution & their time.

Regards

Costas

Views
Helpful
Replies