Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to load document from uccx repository (8.5.1)

Trying to create a document variable and have it contain a file from the repo. Everything I've tried, results in the the variable containing a null value. I put a copy of the file in every part of the dir structure possible thinking it wasn't able to find it, but that also doesn't seem to be the case. Does the script have to be associated with an application to reach the repo? (Just a general question, it is) but I'm wondering if the app isn't configured properly? I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to load document from uccx repository (8.5.1)

It would have been better if you grabbed a screenshot of the debug in progress.

Even when I use your logic, and with a fake document (I.e., one that does not exist in my repo), the script still works, in that it sets the document2 pointer to the same fake document pointer as document1.

If you try to grab the contents of a fake document, you should be met with a pop up window showing an exception about document not found, etc.  The null value you are reporting is certainly odd, and I'm not confident it's user error at this point.  It could be something up with your UCCX.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

9 REPLIES

A script does not have to even be saved, let alone uploaded to the repo, let alone associated to an application in order for it to read documents from the repo.  However, you do have to be logged in to the editor in order to Active Debug (press F10).

You didn't provide any screenshots or anything, so I cannot see what it might be that you are doing incorrectly.

This is really a simple task, and even more so considering the system will search, in a hierarchal structure, for a document within the repo.  E.g., You ask for DOC[test.txt], and the system will look in the language folder of the trigger (for US customers this most likely defaults to en_US), then the more generic language folder (non country specific) en, and finally as a last effort the default language folder.  Note that this is literally the folder named "default."

If you could add some supporting material to this thread, like a screenshot, then I can see about helping further.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Thanks for that info.

I have two document variables

Document var1 with default value of DOC[test.txt]

Document var2 with default value of DOC[]

start

set var 2 = var1

end

On break of line 1, I can see that the value of var1 becomes null upon load of the script.

Is this to simplified of a case for this to work? The documentation is a bit simple, but I would think this would work.

I'm not sure if you thought that assigning one document to another would read the contents or not, but I will say just for that sake, it does not.

If you are trying to read the contents of the document, then here is how you do it.

Here is an example document in my repo under the en_US language folder*, and it has the contents "success":

Here is a simple script, which I Active Debugged, and it shows the contents of the file down in the variable pane.

*I just realized that I am not using a trigger, and thus no language specified, and the system still found the file in the en_US folder.  This confirms how the system works with a system default language of en_US, as seen below:

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Thanks for your patience. Null result, Same screenshots.

I see you marked my reply as the correct answer, but I'm not sure you have your issue resolved yet.

How does the services page look for your UCCX? Everything healthy and in service?

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Under Network Services, everything is running. No services in Features.

What does it look like under UCCX Serviceability > Tools > Datastore Control Center > Replication Servers and DataStores

*Note that I did not typo DataStores as Datastores, that's how Cisco typed it on their own.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Actually the services here
Archive Manager Shutdown

MRCP ASR Subsystem Not configured

MRCP TTS Subsystem Not configured

Database Subsystem Not configured

Cluster DB Information

DB EditionIDS
DB VersionV11
Historical DataStore Size (MB)10240
Repository DataStore Size (MB)3072

It would have been better if you grabbed a screenshot of the debug in progress.

Even when I use your logic, and with a fake document (I.e., one that does not exist in my repo), the script still works, in that it sets the document2 pointer to the same fake document pointer as document1.

If you try to grab the contents of a fake document, you should be met with a pop up window showing an exception about document not found, etc.  The null value you are reporting is certainly odd, and I'm not confident it's user error at this point.  It could be something up with your UCCX.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content