Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make a SIP call CVP x ICM - Send to VRU component

Hello,

I integrated VP 8.5 with ICM 8.5, and created a script to receive SIP calls, but when I call to DN 5558, the call be in-progress at SEND TO VRU component and after this the ICM release the call, but the correct flow is the ICM run a external script (play a prompt) and send the call to a label.

The CVP PG is Active and the CVP I think is setting up correctly.

I attached the CVP_PG and router logs and CVP logs. Also I attached some prints about the environment.

22 REPLIES
Green

I downloaded the zip of the gateway config - but it's incomplete.

I assume that the NVRU label is something like 123456789?

What is it exactly? Does the length match what you have configured in CVP (default is 10). Do you have this dial peer to run the bootstrap?

You could use "send to originator" instead of the static route to send it back to the gateway, if the ingress/VXML gateway are one and the same.

Regards,

Geoff

Green

The CVP error log shows the SIP INVITE on the VRU label is being rejected.

DsSipInvitation - <12345678902>;tag=3F272A4C-2530 - 1 REJECTED WITH 503

I guess the NVRU label is 1234567890, and the correlation ID for the call is 2. The gateway is 192.168.12.1.

Looks like its not finding the  dial peer for 1234567890T to run the bootstrap.

Try the show runn again and upload the gwy config.

Regards,

Geoff

Re: Unable to make a SIP call CVP x ICM - Send to VRU component

Hello Geoff,

You are right, but know the issue is another.

When I call, the label find the dial peer and run the bootstrap. But when the  Send to VRU component send the call to the Run External Script component, the call fail and I missed it.

I attached the GW configuration, the logs and some imagens about route log viewer and the script failure.

Thank you very much

Green

OK, your "Send To VRU" is working, which is great. Now it's failing in the "Run Ext Script".

What is the VRU Script in the "Network VRU Script" "customhelloworld" set to? Is it "GS,Server,V" ?

The pg_cvp_pim1.txt says you are executing Script Name: customhelloworld. Is this your "GS,Server,V" ?

It appears you are trying to execute a CVP VXML application called "customhelloworld". But when I look at the pg_cvp_pim1.txt file I see

user.microapp.ToExtVXML  Scalar  application=customhelloworldcallid=56F106800001000000000096D409A8C0

It appears you are concatenating the application name "customhelloworld" as name=value pair with another name=value pair (the call ID) but you have the syntax wrong.

You need to separate the name=value pairs with a semi colon (;). So the set variable code should say

concatenate("application=customhelloworld;callid=",Call.user.microapp.media_id) or something similar. Note the semicolon.

It's not finding your VXML app customhelloworld.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello Geoff,

Ok, I separe the name=value. Now the variable set concatenate("application=customhelloworld;callid=",Call.user.media.id),however the issue persist.

The Network VRU Script set to is customhelloworld and I create this app at CVP, using the CallStudio.

I need to set the Network VRU as GS,Server,V?

Green

The Network VRU Script set to is customhelloworld

It can be called anything you like - in other words the "name" does not matter. I usually name it something like CVP_VXML.

But the "VRU Name" must be "GS,Server,V" or it won't work.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello Geoff,

I changed the vru name from "Run external Script" to GS,Server,V.
I did some tests and the CVP played a prompt.

But now I logged an agent and when I call to the 5558, the CVP plays a prompt. So I changed the agent status to ready and he got the reserved status, but the call wasn't sent.

Can you help me now? I attached the cvp,pg_CM,pg_CVP and router logs. I attached also some images about this.

Observation: I change the cvp server, but the topology is the same.

CVP IP: 192.168.9.186
ICM IP: 192.168.9.203
CallManager IP: 192.168.9.45

agent reserved.JPG

Green

You need to think about it a bit more. Remember when you were doing maths in school and the teacher said "show me your working"? Well that's me - I don't want an answer; I want to know how you got there.

We know the correct agent is probably being reserved by the router, and we know the agent's extension.

Questions:

1. Do you have a label 1001 on the CVP routing client?

2. Do you have a static route for 1001 to go to a Sub in either CVP or the Proxy?

3. Do you have a SIP trunk from CUCM to the Call Server or Proxy, as appropriate?

Regards,

Geoff

Allright, let's see:

Questions:

1. Do you have a label 1001 on the CVP routing client?

No, I don't have. I have only 1234567890 label add at Network VRU Explorer. I need to have a labe at routing client? And why 1001?

2. Do you have a static route for 1001 to go to a Sub in either CVP or the Proxy?

I have a static route send all 10>192.168.9.45(CallManager)

3. Do you have a SIP trunk from CUCM to the Call Server or Proxy, as appropriate?

Yes, I have a Sip trunk to CM>CVP Call Server.

Green

1001 is your device target. You would need a label on the CVP RC. Do not configure a label on the CUCM RC - CVP is always the RC!

If you did not have this, there would have been an error in the Router Log Viewer.

Regards,

Geoff

Ok Geoff, but the label is 1234567890 to CVP PG, correct?

The device target I configured at ATR1

Green

Ok Geoff, but the label is 1234567890 to CVP PG, correct?

There is no "correct" - it is what you made it. I tend to use 8111111111 but it does not matter. As long as you match the length in CVP, and have a "send to originator" - or a static route to the gateway, and a dial peer on the gateway to run the bootstrap - end of story. Forget about this now.

When an agent becomes available, now we need to get the call there.

OK on ATR - don't use them myself. But if no errors in Router Log Viewer, all is well.

I will say that your script is messed up.

1. Send to VRU comes first in CVP. If this fails, the rest is rubbish.

2. Now set up all the ECC vars you need

3. Then Queue to the Skill Group

4. Attach the GS,Server,V "Run Ext Script" to the X node (of course, most do queuing with microapps)

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I changed the components position and now the call isn't send, even if my agent is ready. The agent got reserved, but the call isn't send.

I attached the callflow image.

Regards,

Eric.

Green

The X port on the Send to VRU MUST go to an End node - to invoke the survivability message on the gateway.

Regards,

Geoff

Green

Is the NVRU Script GS,Server,V interruptible?

Why are you using an Audium (CVP VXML) application to queue the call - almost everyone uses a simple Play Media microapp - interruptible checked, overridable not checked.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff, I include a End node at x port on Send to vru component, but didn't work.

Also, the NVRU is Interruptible.

I tried everything to make it work, but I didn't have success.

Green

The "End" node on Send To VRU failure won't solve your problem - but it looks like you were sending the failure path to the same place as the success path - and that's wrong. If the Send To VRU fails, you need to be clear - force survivability msg to be played.

What is the error in the CVP log when it tries to give it to the SIP user agent on CUCM. Is it a 503 error?

Regards,

Geoff

Green

OK Eric. I looked at the CVP log.

We see the

[ICM_CONNECT],   dialogueId=5,   sendSeqNo=2,   labelType=NORMAL,   label=1002, 

and then

Static route matched 1002 to StaticRoute: patterns like 10> will route to 192.168.9.45 

Using Local Static Route for sip:1002@192.168.9.45 

so now a SIP invite is sent to CUCM at 192.168.9.45. We see the ringback invite sent to the gateway

Using Local Static Route for sip:91919191@192.168.12.1

But when I look a bit further, it's not clear to be what your setup is. I see some things in the trace that make me wonder what you are doing.

I see a call from 1011 - is that an IP phone?

I see a call on 5558 - what is that? A CUCM route point? Are you making CUCM-generated calls into CVP? I've been down this path before when another poster failed to describe the setup and I ended up making the wrong assumptions.

Are you calling from 1011 (an IP phone) to a CUCM route point 5558 which is attached to a call type and then a scheduled script - the one you showed me?

Is that the extent of your setup?

Do you have any way of making a call from the PSTN or an FXS card from the voice gateway?

Why don't YOU tell me EXACTLY what you are doing in a STEP BY STEP listing.

Regards,

Geoff

Green

I checked the show runn - and I can see the dial peer:

dial-peer voice 10005 voip

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.9.212:5060

incoming called-number 5558

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

!

So I think I understand now - you ARE using an IP phone but are calling across to teh gateway. Is this going out the PSTN and back in, or just a VOIP call to the gateway.

(By the way, the gateway show run is almost impossible to read. Can't you get a clean copy?)

Anyway, I take back what I said. The call is being initiated at the gateway and is coming into CVP. The Send To VRU is working. You can play a prompt and making an agent ready interrupts the script and returns the label (say 1002) to the Call Server, who tries to contact CUCM over SIP. For some reason, this fails.

You claim you have a SIP trunk to the Call Server for signalling - and yet it's failing. I will have a look at the traces again.

Regards,

Geoff

Green

All I can say is this:

CVP log shows at  13:54:27.078 Using Local Static Route for sip:1002@192.168.9.45

But there is NO error in the error log at 13:54 (actually the last line in the CVP error log is 13:52 - so who knows)

But there does not appear to be an error. It tries to start the ring leg (ringback)

INVITE TO <91919191>

Do you hear the ringback?

Then we see this:

[INBOUND]: Aborting XFER. Inbound caller must have disconnected.

Can you try testing with a call that comes in from the PSTN - not this 5558 on CUCM that you bring through the gateway as voip?

Just grab a real call coming in the E1 line.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff, below the callflow:

1) First of all, I configured a route patter 5558 at CM(192.168.9.45), and this pattern is associated with a SIP trunk, and this trunk send the call to the CVP (192.168.9.186)

2) I Call to 5558, this number has a dial-peer configured as below:

!

dial-peer voice 10005 voip

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.9.186

incoming called-number 5558

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric codec g711ulaw !

2) So the call as sent to CVP (192.168.9.186).

3) CVP has all the server configured property (VXML Server, Call Server, ICM Server), as the CVP configuration Guide, as image attached.

4)So the call is sent to ICM and ICM Run the Script Editor and set all the variables, as below:

User.microapp.media_server: "

http://192.168.9.186:7000/CVP"

User.microapp.app_media_lib: ".."

User.microapp.caller_input: "D"

User.microapp.ToExtVXML[]-

Array Index: concatenate("application=HelloWorld;callid=",Call.user.media.id)

Value: concatenate("application=HelloWorld;callid=",Call.user.media.id)

User.microapp.UseVXMLParams: "N"

5) After this, the call goes to Send to VRU Component and after run a External Script, as image attached.

6) If the agent is ready, the call goes to the agent, but if the agent is not ready, the calls goes to CVP and play the HelloWorld application, so i set the agent status to ready and he got the reserved state but the call isn't send.

Observations:

1) I did the test at 10:31am.

2) In this test, I call only once, and my agent was not ready, so I turned him to ready and he got the reserved state but the call isn't send.

Green

You have a non-standard set up.

When you call 5558 from an IP phone, the SIP trunk sends it directly to the Call Server - not the gateway. The dial peer "dial-peer voice 10005 voip" is not being used. You can delete it - maybe it is confusing you.

If I understand correctly, if an agent is ready the call can be sent to the agent OK. This is one type of signalling sequence - let's call it A.

But if the call is queued at the gateway with the agent not ready, when the agent goes ready we can't get the call to the agent. This is another type of signalling sequence - let's call it B.

Because A is working you may think you should also have B working - but they are quite different.

Is this accurate?

Were you going to post some traces.

There is something wrong with the gateway config, and I don't know what it is. If I compare what you have with what I normally see, I can indicate some areas of difference. Not sure if this will fix it of course.

Under voice service voip, in the "sip" section - we normally see

sip
  min-se  360
  header-passing

Then the service (application) section

service handoff flash:handoss.tcl

paramspace english index 0

paramspace english language en

paramspace english location flash

paramspace english prefix en

Is that the actual name of the TCL file? It should be handoff.tcl

dial-peer voice 10009 voip

service bootstrap

incoming called-number 123456789T

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

I like to see "no vad" here.

I also like to see the translation-profile incoming block here so that Play Media from microapps work correctly with the transfer to 987654 that has to fail.

Where are the dial peers for 92929292 (cvperror) and 91919191 (ringtone). You have the services.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content