Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified UCCX 8.5 bundled with CUCM 8.5

nomykhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have purchased CUCM 8.5 for one of my customer. With it comes UCCX bundled 8.5 for 5 agents

CCX-85-CMBUNDLE-K9CCX 8.5 5 Seat   CCX ENH CM Bundle - AVAILABLE ONLY FOR NEW CM

I read in the ordering guide that to make the solution work  i also need to purchase is the PAK with as follows,

CCX-85-BDL-ADDONCCX 8.5 - CM,CME Bundle Licenses;ADD ON   pDelveryLICENSESONLY1
CCX-85-CMBLDLIC=CCX 8.5 CCX CM Bundle Appliance Entitlement, PAK pDelivery1

Will my solution not work without this PAK? is it a legal requirement or i can not install the software with 5 agent ?

Can someone please help as i already have ordered the system?

Nouman

8 Replies 8

nomykhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just need to add that i will only be using the UCCX for auto-attendant service nothing else?

Will it work without purchasing the license?

if you got this bundle with ccm8.5 sure this packages comes with free 5 agent enough to setup auto attendant and also with 5 agent but you should ensure that PAK comes with it for uccx if not contact the order respon. person to get it as it should come with the bundle its free

Hi,

Thanks.

thats the issue. What i am reading in the UCCX ordering guide is that the PAK used to come with this bundle till UCCX 8. But with 8.5 u need to order the PAK separately....

i donot know why cisco is playing like this.....why did they give this what so called 5 seat free bundle when u have to purchase the PAK separately..... can anyone confirm please....

i have ordered nowadays ccm8.6 wit uccx8.5 bundle with free 5 seats that why i told u that

Dear Concard,

I have ordered it too. But did u order the PAK separately as my part numbers above? will the 5 seat free bundle work without it?

This is from the ordering guide

PLEASE NOTE: entitlement for the underlying appliance operating system and database has never been included as part of the bundle and to be purchased separately (see below) at a $2,995 UDS List Price. In releases prior to 8.0 the bundle Product Authorization Key (PAK) was attached to the bundle media kit included with the Unified Communications or Unified Communications Manager Express order. In 8.0 and 8.5 the bundle license PAK is no longer attached to the bundle media kit. Instead the PAK is attached to the entitlement Product IDs shown below. These entitlement Product IDs can be configured using the top level add on PRODUCT ID CCX-85-BDL-ADDON and CCX-85-BDL-UPG and must be ordered to obtain the Product Authorization Key for the bundle licenses as well as the entitlement to the underlying appliance operating system and database.

what do u say?

Hey Nouman,

Were you able to build your auto attendant services using these three part codes? Or did you get stung with needing to purchase the additional Product IDs?

Greg

Hi Greg,

Yes it worked with the above 3 pat numbers....

the key is purchasing

CCX-85-CMBLDLIC=CCX 8.5 CCX CM Bundle Appliance Entitlement, PAK pDelivery

as it does not come b defalt with the UCCX bundle.

Guys,

Just to provide some historical context when CallManager ran on Windows rather than the Linux appliance it was possible to install UCCX (or IPCC Express as it was then called) co-resident on a CallManager server. If you were happy with this there was no need to buy any additional parts as IPCC Express just used the operating system and database that you had already paid for by buying CallManager.

One of the few downsides of CallManager moving to Linux was that the co-residency was no longer possible so you had to pay for the server OS and database to host UCCX.

Regards

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: