cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uninstall/Reinstall SQL Server on UCCE 8.5

Eric Haese
Level 1
Level 1

We have a rogger and an admin server that have locally-hosted databases using MSSQL Enterprise Edition. Due to licensing concerns, we would like to change these to Standard Edition via uninstall and reinstall.

My questions is: Would the CGUpgradeBackup tool work for this task?

2 Replies 2

oabulaban
Level 1
Level 1

can't you just backup and restore the database again? i never used the cgupgrade tool before

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Eric,

I've done something similar, except my scenario was that I installed the wrong - unsupported - version of SQL Server. What I did was stop the ucce services and backup all my databases (logger, aw, hds, dialer) through SQL Server Mang. Studio. Once the back-ups were completed, I deleted the databases through ICMdba and then proceeded to uninstall SQL Server. Once the uninstall completed, I rebooted and then installed SQL Server by following the staging guide. Once SQL was up, I recreated the databases via ICMdba, restored the databases that I previously backed up, initialized the database, and then made sure my recovery keys and min-max datetime matched on the logger db's. If the recovery keys don't match, you can truncate the recovery table.

EDIT: One thing you definitely want to make sure of after the restoring the databases is that the sizing of the databases are still intact. If for example your HDS is sized for 300GB for data and 50GB for transaction logs, make sure that's what their initial size is post-restore. This can be found by going to the properties of the database and going to Files. Also, make sure autogrowth is enabled.

Your mileage may vary