cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity callhandler forwarding to UCCE dropping calls

gonzalezel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi- We are running a unity connection call handler to handle the menu options of our agent calls.  the department wants to be able to change the greeting at any time which is why we are doing this.  The call comes into UNITY and whatever menu option the caller chooses the call is sent to either UCCE or a normal phone line.  The problem is when the caller presses the option to go to UCCE we sometimes don't receive the call on the UCCE side or the call is dropped.  The call is supposed to be forwarded directly to the CTI routepoint and should be picked up by an avalable agent.  Also when doing a monitor on the calls on the AW it shows a 50% failure rate which we know this isn't occuring. The question is should we even be forwarding from UNITY to UCCE and if we keep it up will we continue to have issues.  I know the permanent fix would be to go straight into UCCE and avoid UNITY but i'm just checking my options.

4 Replies 4

This sounds like a pretty horrible setup (poor man's IVR), but take it one piece at a time.  What happens if your don't even go to ICM?  Do calls fail when sending straight to a phone not monitored by ICM?  Any chance you're running out of ports or the CTI RPs are re-registering?

david

calls work perfectly when they are sent straight to a phone. Plenty of ports and haven't seen the CTI re-registering.  Of couse most of the complaints about calls dropping are coming from the department. 

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've done similar configuration without issues, is the UCCE deplpoyment with CVP or IVR?

Where are you seeing the 50% failure rate, on which node?

Chris

I am running IP-IVR.  I am seeing the 50% failure rate right after the Translation route to VRU.  So looking at the script in monitor mode it tells me that 314 calls have come through today and that 158 failed which neither of these stats is correct because we haven't even had 150 calls today.