Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade 5.0 - 8.0 "I'm sorry we are currently experiencing system problems"

Hello,

I am pretty new to UCCX - coming into the program from more of an installation/upgrade point of view without prior knowledge of how it all worked together etc. The company that set all this up is now out of the picture and the current users are not too savvy with the nuts and bolts either.

After upgrading from version 5.0 to 8.0, half of my scripts stopped working (the main ones!). I get the message "I'm sorry we are currently experiencing system problems". The other half of my scripts that still seem to work are "prompt management" scripts, but are only for internal use.

I have tried comparing the two scripts but it doesn't take long before I am lost - there are so many variables that I don't know where to even begin. I have tried tweaking every variable that I think is relevant to no avail.

The part that makes less sense is that when I run a reactive debug, the phone simply stays on "start" and rings forever. This happens when I run the debug on both the working script AND the non working script.

I am attaching a copy of one working script (ABSF_Promptmgt.aef) and its corresponding non-working script (ABSF_Main.aef). Some of you might be able to tell me right off the bat as to whats going on. Feel free to point me to any books or documentation you may be aware of if I am really missing something silly.

Thanks

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrade 5.0 - 8.0 "I'm sorry we are currently experiencing s

Are you using the F5 or F10 keys to play or step over the script?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
6 REPLIES

Your main script uses sublfows and your prompt manager does not.

The subflow scripts are referenced like this: "holidayCheckABSF.aef"

Try using the dropdown list to select the value that looks like this: SCRIPT[holidayCheckABSF.aef].

Change all of your scripts, save them all, then refresh them all, then refresh your applciations.

I have seen this behavior before, but your's could be different.  let's start here though.

Anthony Holloway

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I tried what you have suggested and it did not work. While doing that however, I fat fingered something and accidentally deleted the line that says "isEmergency = Call Subflow (SCRIPT[ABSFEmergencyCheck.aef], isEmergency) ... and after uploading/testing it actually worked! I actually got a prompt instead of the dreaded "I'm sorry...." message

So I am currently playing around with different settings to see where this is been broken and why deleting that line allows the script to load. I am attaching the EmergencyCheck script in case you guys have any ideas about it. When runing a debug, I see that it is looking for a file and the path seems to switch the direction of slash which I don't think is normal ... but I don't know how to fix it either.

One thing I am puzzled about. When I try to do a reactive debug, the phone never stops ringing and the red highlight stays on "Start". This happens even when I load a script that works. What am I missing there? I was assuming it would step through the script so I could see where things were falling apart.

Thanks so much for your help.

Are you using the F5 or F10 keys to play or step over the script?

Anthony Holloway

Ah well ... this shows you the level of proficiency I have with this product. Never knew that F5 was supposed to be used. Thats the kind of silly stuff I hate missing because I haven't received any formal training on it and simply trying to figure out by blindly stumbling through.

Thank you so much!

Do you see anything wrong with the Emergency Check Script? I have attached the message I get when I run a debug on it. See how it looks for the path '/opt/cisco/uccx/Documents/User\en_US\ABSFEmergency.xml' ? Notice how the slashes go from being forward slashes to back slashes? is this normal?

To my untrained eye, this looks like a Linux file path merging with a Windows File path... but I could very easily be wrong.

Happy to report that the problem has been fixed!

After many hours of tweaking just about everything I thought was even remotely relevant, I finally stumbled upon it.

I just had to edit the "Create XML document" statement. First change the filename to something random, save it, then change it back to the correct one, save it and upload it. Debugs successfully and prompts work great.

If I had known about F5 from the beginning. I would have probably figured this out in the first day because when I used it, it immediately went right to the debug error. Through pure trial and error, it took me over 4 days to troubleshoot the same thing that one keystroke would have automatically done for me!!! Theres tons of forums with people running the reactive debug and nobody mentioned the F5! I guess everyone just takes it for granted as something that is common knowledge.

Thank you so much for your invaluable help!

I'm glad I could help you out Alex.

Anthony Holloway

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content