Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Upgrade CCX 7.x to 8.5 questions

Hello Sirs,

First of all, thanks for your help.

I have readed all the info about the upgrade, and have some questions. Based on your experience:

1.- I am upgrading to new hardware also, so, can I upgrade to servers with different IPs that older ones, ore have o be the same (do not mind reinstall clients manualy).

2.- As you have to upgrade CUCM and CCX together, can I upgrade CCX, have it shuted down (as I do on different servers), and power up when new release of CUCM is up? Or do CCX need to have CUCM visibility to install and upgrade?

This is about upgrade, once upgaded,

A.- I am storing recordings on th servers, then I convert to wav file using the tool provided, and then picking ut of the servers using a windows shared resource. As now it is linux, does anyone knows how this works? Is it written anywhere in Cisco web?

Many thanks

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Upgrade CCX 7.x to 8.5 questions

1. You can change IP and hostname for the upgrade if desired, your choice.

2. You do not have to upgrade CUCM as long as the version of CUCM you are on can support the new version of UCCX, check it in the compatibility guide (just search CCO for ccx compatibility)

If your recordings are referenced from scripts via direct directory patch you will need to modify your scripts and reference them from prompt repository.

CreatePlease to create content