cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade direct from 4.0.(2) to 5.X or 7.X

azeemo157
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There i would like to know whether we can have a direct upgrade from UCCX 4.0.(2) to 5.X or 7.x as i find upgrade paths to these version from 4.5x onwards. Please do confirm as i have to reply to my manager. thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately that will not work. Can't backup the data and try to restore on a different version of software.

Dan

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dlcharville
Level 4
Level 4

No upgrade path from UCCX 4.0 unless you went to UCCX 6.0 but that requires CallManager 4.3 which runs on Windows 2003.

We have been exporting scripts, prompts, and whatever we can from UCCX 4.0 systems and rebuilding the UCCX 5.x/7.x systems from scratch and importing the UCCX 4.0 data.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

HTH

Dan

Can we backup the data using BARS and then restore it back after rebuilding the server from scratch ? We will have the same CSQ's and like wise all the other configurations ?

Unfortunately that will not work. Can't backup the data and try to restore on a different version of software.

Dan

Hi

Just an additional note.. there is not any way to 'upgrade' directly, or do a BARS backup of the config and restore it.

As pointed out you need to rebuild from scratch.

However, you are able to migrate your historical data if you are moving from 4.x to 7.x - there is a tool on the download pages for this purpose.

For most customers loss of historical data is more of a concern than myself having to do a little more config work than normal!

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I have an UCCX 6.0 with CM 4.3, there is no uprgade path from UCCX 6 to UCCX 7 !

Is it possible to migrate historical data ?

If yes, do you have a process ?

Many thanks ofr your help

regards,

There is a migration utility that will port historical reporting ONLY from 4.0(5) to 7.0(1). If you have moved beyond 4.0(5) to 4.1 or 6.0 you can not roll back. Later this year the CCBU is trying to expand this tool to migrate additional configuration data beyond just historical reporting; however, this has NOT been finished yet and the CCBU is primarily concentrating on CCX 8.0 right now. I wouldn't place any bets on this happening if I were you.

Regardless of that tool, you must reformat the server when moving to 4.5, 5.0, or 7.0. Anything you want to keep should be backed up manually. This means screen shots for each page of the CRS Administration site and saving any prompts/scripts/documents before beginning the Windows 2003 image install.

UCCX HR-DataMigration Guide 4.0.5x to 7.0.1: http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282467017/23664/UCCX_HR-DataMigration_Guide_4.0.5x_to_7.0.1.pdf

Many Thanks for your reply,

Regards,

Farid

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: