cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade procedure

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

I'm planning an upgrade of UCCX 8.5 HA SU3 to SU4.  I know this is a minor upgrade, but it's my first linux to linux upgrade.  I've read the RN and admin guide, but just wanted to confirm the procedure

(verify backups, test plan, etc)

1) Install on node1 (do not switch version)

2) Install on node2 (do not switch version)

3) Switch version node1 (wait for reboot, all services to come up)

4) Switch version node2

Confirm services, test plan, etc.

Thanks,

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds sound to me.

But you forgot to add:

5) Run Client Configuration Tool

6) CAD desktops (CDA, CSD, CAD) all upgrade automatically* at next login (HRC, CRS Editor and RTMT do not [manual upgrade])

7) Drink a beer

Just note that any call activity happening between steps 1 and 3 will be lost in historical reporting.  So, plan for that loss, or perform the upgrade during non business hours.

*Automatically provided proper admin rights, etc.  Otherwise you can push the new upgrade to the clients, or walk around and login as admin locally to every machine.

EDIT: Did you also read the OS Admin Guide?  It talks about performing an upgrade and some best practices as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851osag.pdf

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds sound to me.

But you forgot to add:

5) Run Client Configuration Tool

6) CAD desktops (CDA, CSD, CAD) all upgrade automatically* at next login (HRC, CRS Editor and RTMT do not [manual upgrade])

7) Drink a beer

Just note that any call activity happening between steps 1 and 3 will be lost in historical reporting.  So, plan for that loss, or perform the upgrade during non business hours.

*Automatically provided proper admin rights, etc.  Otherwise you can push the new upgrade to the clients, or walk around and login as admin locally to every machine.

EDIT: Did you also read the OS Admin Guide?  It talks about performing an upgrade and some best practices as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851osag.pdf

Anthony Holloway

Thanks Anthony, good advice all around (especially the beer).  And yes, I read the OS Admin Guide.  Very helpful.  Although the OS Guide talks about using the web UI to switch versions, while the release notes make a point to suggest you do switch version via the CLI.  I wonder if something changed?  Either way I'm fine with the CLI. 

It's my opinion that the CLI is superior to the web UI.  So, even if Cisco hadn't mentioned their preference, I would have used the CLI anyway.  Either will work.  I know plenty of Cisco engineers who don't use the CLI at all, and perform every upgrade and switch version through the Web UI just fine.

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: