cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to 4.x from 3.5 - Licenses

blcase
Level 1
Level 1

Having an issue my 4.x upgrade - the software that I received from the PUT tool doesn't come with a PAK key to register, yet the upgrade REQUIRES a 4.x license - What gives??? How are you supposed to upgrade from 3.5 to 4.x?

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I had the same problem when upgrading from 3.1(3) to 4.0(1). If you send an email to licensing@cisco.com, they will send you a new license file.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

pralex
Level 1
Level 1

You need to get a new 4.0 license before the upgrade.

Pls refer the installation guide for the upgrade procedure.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/administ/crs401ig.pdf

I know this is going back a bit ... but I'm trying to upgrade a customer from 3.5 to 4.0.5 and then through to 7. That's the supported upgrade route.

I have obtained IVR licenses from Cisco for the 4.0 version but when I plug them into the upgrade process the install software fails to find any license files in the directory I stored them. My new files are name IVRxxxxxxxxxx.lic, but the old 3.5 ones are name CRSxxxxxxxxxxx.lic

Does anybody know what the naming format should be for a 4.0.x license, maybe somebody could post an example file name and the directory it should go in? I'm assuming it can go anywhere except the desktop and the same directory as the 3.5 licenses.

I'm asking Cisco about the files too, but just in case anybody has a quick answer I'm asking here too,

Thanks

Jed