Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgraded UCCX 8.5 - Unable to login in appadmin

taborda
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All
I am upgrading CUCCX 7.0 to CUCCX 8.5, CUCM was already upgraded to 8.6.2.20000-2.
Customer required MS Active Directory integration during CUCM upgrade.

After the upload of CCX backup taken from PUT I am not able to login in appadmin, it says "Logon failed - Invalid user ID or password". In CUCM I didn't find the user who is configured as CCX administrator. I asked to AD admins to create the missing user but, I am still unable to login in CCX.

It's not possible to rollback CUCM upgrade, so I am stuck in CCX upgrade.
Could you help us to solve this issue?

5 Replies 5

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Antonio,

Sorry to hear about mess, there are several similar issues reported on this forum. No one really updated the thread about the solution but AFAIK, you need to approach Cisco TAC & they fix it using their root access to UCCX DB.

If you happen to raise a TAC case, please be kind to update this thread with resolution,

GP.

Yup, confirmed. TAC would use CET tool & fix the issue for you.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

HI GP,

The issue is already solved.
After opened the case, TAC engineer asked me to do a webex session where he did the following:
Validated the user root
Launched the application CET Tool
Changed the installation state to Fresh Install
Run the initial setup, kept all the previous configuration, changing only the CCX administrator.
Tested the login user in CCX, which made the JTAPI resync.
Restored the CET Tool installation status to DONE.
Disabled the root account

Took about 30 minutes since opening the case to solve the issue.

Best regards,
AT

Antonio,

I truly appreciate you updating the thread with solution provided, this will definitely help readers to know the support path quickly.

+5 to you mate & thanks for the nice rating.

GP.

This is a known issue and TAC can change it to "Fresh install". On Linux machine; you can run:

utils  reset_application_ui_administrator_name

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password

But it is advisable to open a TAC case and we will handle it

Also, you can do a small test:

open the CCMuser webpage and try to login (assuming the user is on the CUCM, which was not on this case). If it is able to login, then u can rule out any issue with the incorrect passowrds etc.

Regards,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: