Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading QM 2.4.1 to 2.7.3 and then to 8.0.2 - Licensing issue

Hello,

As the title suggests, I have a QM 2.4.1 setup and in live production. I am planning on upgrading this to version 8.0.2. However, I was told by a Calabrio Engineer that I will have to upgrade to version 2.7.3 first.

I am in the process of also upgrading Call Manager, Unity, CCX and I have all these already upgraded and ready running on a seperate pilot system. Now that I am upgrading QM, I have taken a Physical 2 Virtual snapshot of the live QM server and mounted it on a Hyper-V server. The idea is to perform the entire upgrade on a seperate system without touching the live system in order to make sure we dont run into any issues (like this!)

When I run the 2.7.3 upgrade, it goes through all the steps with settings already populated, indicating that it is able to see the existing installation. But when it gets to the Enterprise Settings screen, it doesn't pull any licensing information.The license area is blank, and gives me no options to add or import a license.

The upgrade documentation says that I should have a hyperlink that says "Import Software License" and I see no such thing. I even have a license file generated by Cisco for 2.7.3 but dont know where to put it.

Any help or direction will be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

3 REPLIES

Re: Upgrading QM 2.4.1 to 2.7.3 and then to 8.0.2 - Licensing is

Hi Alex,

Most probably you had your problem solved by now. I'm in the process of upgrading my QM from 2.4 to 2.7.3. So I might use some advise.

You said that Licensing Team generated for you a license file for 2.7.3 ? I just want to make sure cause i didn't receive a license file when i ordered the upgrade.

So tell us what was the solution for your problem?

Regards,

Hi,

If I am understanding your question correctly, the license file does not come with the upgrade media. You will get a PAK ID number, and then you use this and send it to Cisco Licensing. They will generate a license file for you.

My problem was that I had no understanding of the licensing structure. You probably already know this but I needed to  learn that the license file actually resides on the CCX server. So when you request the license file, use the MAC address of the UCCX server not the QM server. Depending on your version of CCX, you might need to use a "License MAC" rather than the MAC address of the NIC.

Hope this helps

Alex

Actually what i'm doing is upgrading QM 2.4 to 2.7(3) without upgrading my UCCX. My UCCX version will stay 5.0 and as per the licensing team, they can't issue a QM license !! I believe this is the difference in our case. I will check again with the licensing.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content