cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading to CCX 8.5, how to update XML Documents location??

I'm currently using CCX 7.0.2 and I'm planning on upgrading to the Linux version 8.5 in the next couple of weeks.

I looked thru my scripts and a few of them reference XML files.  Once I upgrade, what location do I specify in the script to reference the new Documents location?

The current location says c:\program files\wfavvid\emerge.xml     (type  Document)

Obviously this path will no longer exist once I upgrade to Linux.

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Two things:

1) You'll upload your documents to the repository. Place them in the folder that corresponds to your language (e.g. en_US or whatever). You the refer to them in the script simply as DOC[emerge.xml] for example.

2) If you also have scripts that edit the XML, you'll have to upload those to the repository instead of doing a file write. Do this using a set of 'get user'/'auth user'/'upload' steps all referencing the same User variable. Search the forums if you need to do this as there are lots of examples of this.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Gilbert,

PUT does not back up any user level files (prompts /grammar/documents) that are stored outside of Unified CCX repository. You have to manually back up these files and keep it in a safe network location.

Reference: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/installation/guide/uccx851_ug.pdf

As Aaron said above, you need to use the Repository for upload them again and use this new path for reference.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: