Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Upload Document failing on IPCCX 4.0(4) with SQL2k

I am trying to upload a document (an .XML file) to the repository using the Upload Document step and it is failing with the following log entries:

4689: Dec 13 18:22:54.647 GMT %MIVR-FILE_MGR-3-RDS_SQL_EXCEPTION_INFO:THREAD:MIVR_FILE_MGR_LOW_PRIORITY_UPLD_DOWNLD-239-0-UPLOAD:SQL Exception: Exception details=DbMgr:uploadFile: failed:\en_GB\test.xmlresult error=S1090 vendor error=0 error message =[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid string or buffer length

4690: Dec 13 18:22:54.647 GMT %MIVR-FILE_MGR-3-UNABLE_UPLOAD_FILE:THREAD:MIVR_FILE_MGR_LOW_PRIORITY_UPLD_DOWNLD-239-0-UPLOAD:Unable to upload the specified file: Class=class com.cisco.doc.UserDocument,Domain=en_GB,Directory=\,Name=test.xml,Exception=com.cisco.file.FileException: DbMgr:upload:\en_GB\test.xmlgeneratate exception

4691: Dec 13 18:22:54.647 GMT %MIVR-FILE_MGR-3-EXCEPTION:THREAD:MIVR_FILE_MGR_LOW_PRIORITY_UPLD_DOWNLD-239-0-UPLOAD:com.cisco.file.FileException: DbMgr:upload:\en_GB\test.xmlgeneratate exception

This box is standalone IPCCX 4.0(4) with SQL2k installed. I can upload documents through the AppAdmin GUI without a problem.

5 REPLIES

Re: Upload Document failing on IPCCX 4.0(4) with SQL2k

mmelbourne,

Did you find a solution to this one? I'm having the same issue.

Thanks,

J

Silver

Yes, this is documented in bug ID CSCsc23543.

Basically, before the Upload Document step, you need to first write the document to disk using a Write Document step and then use a Create File Document step before uploading the document. I've successfully used this method to upload a document to the Repository. Let me know if you require a sample script.

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks, that did it.

Hello. Could you please post a sample script. Thanks! We are getting this error and not quite sure if we have the step sequence correct.

We added the Create File Document step and we were able to upload. Thanks for the post!

Views
Helpful
Replies