cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT - Amount of calls in CSQ of IPCC 4.0(1)

german-correa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How much calls can be in the CSQ of IPCC 4.0(1).

I have IPCC 4.0(1), i configure one CSQ with 5 agents and 5 CTI_Ports, and the server is a HP DL 380 G3 with 2.8G Processor and 2G of RAM.

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

In the JTAPI Trigger configuration there is a "Maximum Number Of sessions" value that determines the maximum number of simultaneous calls that trigger can handle.

The maximum number of calls a Trigger can simultaneously handle is also restricted by the number of CTI Ports in the JTAPI Call Control Group which the JTAPI Trigger is using. This is because a CTI Port is required for each call. You would usually configure your CTI Ports to support as many sessions as you are licensed for.

The maximum number of simultaneous calls which is also the maximum number of IVR Ports on a single IPCC Express system is 300.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi mowuor,

I have a question, i can configure 10 CTI Ports for 5 agents or How is the relation within los CTI Ports y agents y Maximum Number of sessions ?

Thank a lot

Hi german-correa,

Yes, you could configure 10 CTI Ports for 5 agents. The number of CTI Ports corresponds to the number of simultanous sessions, and is independent of the number of agents. With 10 CTI Ports, you can have ten calls call into your call center at one time, and if all agents are tied up, excess calls will be queued. Call number 11 will not be answered.

With 30 CTI ports you can have 30 calls call into your call center at one time. Excess calls will be queued, and call number 31 will not be answered.

If you have a business rule that says that excess calls should always be queued, then you would want to oversubscribe the CTI Ports and configure as many as are needed to support the expected calls during the peak hour.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Michael.

Hi mowuor,

I will apply your recommendations.

Thanks a lot,

Hello,

I just need to add somthing related to sizing of you CTI-Ports, you have to take care with number of PSTN channels connected to your call Center (Number of E1 or FXO lines) as no need to add more ports without phone line from PSTN

I beleive the formula as the following:

Number of channels = Number of ports + Number of Agents

Regards,

Ahmed Rizk

Hello Ahmed,

I will review this issue.

Thank a lot,

regards,

German Correa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: