Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User or manager controlled option to reroute or overflow calls outside CCX

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a solution or advice on the following scenario. Currently, have an active CCX deployment with multiple inbound numbers and scripts associated. There is a requriement by the customer that when volumes become high (or staff are unavailable) they want to be able to route calls to an external call centre (outside CCX). Basically, forward the DID or toll-free number to someone else. Then I can have a back door for that customer to get back in.

The thing is I don't want IT to be involved in making the swtich to or from. I'd like the user to be able to change a variable or do something to trigger the CCX script to forward the calls to an external number. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

User or manager controlled option to reroute or overflow calls o

Hi Adam

To do this you would store a flag in an XML file which the script would check, and if activated would do a 'call redirect' out.

You would also give the supervisors a script they can dial to turn on/off the redirect. If you are feeling adventurous you could even add the ability for them to set the number to which the calls are routed etc - it's really up to your imagination.

There are lots of examples and discussions on these forums of how to properly read and upload XML documents with UCCX.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
3 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi Adam

To do this you would store a flag in an XML file which the script would check, and if activated would do a 'call redirect' out.

You would also give the supervisors a script they can dial to turn on/off the redirect. If you are feeling adventurous you could even add the ability for them to set the number to which the calls are routed etc - it's really up to your imagination.

There are lots of examples and discussions on these forums of how to properly read and upload XML documents with UCCX.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

This sounds like a great option. I'll look into the XML load option which should work great. Not sure I want to allow them to change the phome but enable or disable sounds achievable.

I've now had some time to look at this...I think I can create an IVR to update the XML file (so user controlled) and then check the XML value in my script - perfect. I have been able to view the XML file - haven't written successfully yet but also haven't spent much time. Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content