Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using EIM with CAD Integrated Browser

I am able to login to EIM from the CAD integrated browser and basic functionality is working.  When I select the Options, Messages, Search, or My Report buttons, it launches a new browser but the final url is never inserted and all you see is about:blank.  Everything works well if I login from IE directly.  Is there a workaround for this?  Thanks

Courtland

9 Replies 9

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

My EIM customers do not use the integrated browser. I see no advantage with the integrated browser, and lots of negatives.

EIM is a very browser-intensive application that needs a very powerful browser and a good JRE.

JRE 1.6_22 is significantly faster than previous Javas.

We use IE8 (supported in 4.3.2) and performance is quite good as long as the PC is up to the task.

I'd say - give it a miss.

Regards,

Geoff

I tend to agree with not using CAD, but it would be good to know why it is not working.

Of course it would. But who can answer? Cisco, Calabrio, eGain?

I am using CAD 8.0.1 and EIM 4.3.2

This works with CAD 7.2.1 and EIM 4.2.5

Oh, I see. It was working with 4.2(5) in CAD 7.2.1 and is no longer working with CAD 8.0.1.

Hard to know where the problem lies.

Regards,

Geoff

I am using CAD 8.0.1 and EIM 4.3.2

This works with CAD 7.2.1 and EIM 4.2.5

gthakur30
Level 1
Level 1

Courtland -

Assuming that the configuration is done correctly for CAD on agent desktop please confirm if below steps are also done?

1 Open CAD admin console

2 Expand workflow configuration --> workflow group --> default --> CAD Agent --> User interface

3 On right side select tab Browse step and configure the CIM application URL

Make sure the Enable Integrated browser is checked, apply this and try to launch the URL from agent login let us know if you get any error msg.

Regards,

Gaurav  Thakur

eGain support.

Everything is configured correctly and I am getting the following error message in the attached doc. Thanks

Courtland

What happens when you click on Yes?

Nothing happens, just about:blank.

Please note that the Agent Help link works fine.  I will try to stage EIM 4.3.2 integrated with an earlier version of CAD and see behaviour and vice versa and earlier version of EIM with CAD 8.0.  Thanks

Courtland

I just installed CAD 7.5 and EIM 4.3.2 works fine.  I am concluding that the issue is related to CAD 8.0.  Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: