Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Variable as parameter not changing value entered in administration page

I have a script that has a string variable that has a value of "". The variable is set as a parameter so I can change it in the administration page. This script gets called from another script and uses an output mapping to map this variable to a variable in the calling script. If I put a value in the called script it maps perfectly to the calling script variable however if I put the value in the administration page by checking the box and changing the value to "yes" and setting the value of the variable in the called script to "" I get "" returned.

Am I attempting an illegal operation..I.e. will a script called as a subflow return the value of a parameter that is set in appadmin and not explicitly set in the script itself?

I hope all of this makes sense...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Variable as parameter not changing value entered in administ

If the call does not arrive via the application which is where you set the parameter it wi not be used, if it comes via another application to script A and then script B is called as subflow this is working as designed.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Community Member

Re:Variable as parameter not changing value entered in administr

Thanks Chris that was kind of what I expected.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re:Variable as parameter not changing value entered in administr

But what you can do it pass the variable from one script to another and simply add it as a parameter on the original application.

Let us know we can assist furhter, othereise mark the question as answered.

HTH,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content