Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VDN Return Destination feature in UCCE ?

Hi,

We have a requirement. Please find the scenario below and do let me know how feasible this requirement is in Cisco environment ?

1)     Call routed to Agent desktop.

2)     When Agent disconnects the call, that call has to be sent to IVR for survey?

3)     This has to happen only when Agent disconnects the call and not when Customer disconnects the call.

This has to happen without any manual intervention or customization at desktop level.

Above scenario is very much feasible Avaya environment thorough VDN return Destination.

About VDN Return Destination
The VDN Return Destination feature allows an incoming trunk call to be placed back in vector processing after all parties, except the originator, drop. This feature is activated through switch administration of the VDN form. This feature is included in the Avaya Contact Center Deluxe package and the Avaya Contact Center Elite package.

A field on the VDN form allows the user to enter a VDN extension as a Return Destination. In this section, the VDN which has the Return Destination field administered will be called the VDN with this feature active. The Return Destination VDN (the one specified in the new field) will be referred to as the Return Destination.

Every incoming trunk call that is processed through a VDN with this feature active will be placed back in vector processing when all parties on the call, except the originator, drop. For this feature, the originator is the incoming party that originated the call at the time the call entered the VDN with this feature active.

Does UCCE have any mechanism where this can be achieved ?

Thanking you in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Venkatesh.V

3 REPLIES

Curious if you ever found a

Curious if you ever found a solution... I have the exact same need (ability to forward call to survey after agent hangup).   Thanks much!

Yes, this is possible with

Yes, this is possible with CVP post call survey.

david

David - thanks for the reply,

David - thanks for the reply, but that is exactly what I don't want to do.   I already have an outside system (been using since 2009) which has an extremely sophisticated post call survey + inbound survey + direct mail (they then dial into the inbound survey)  + email (w/ weblink) + texting + social media + api tool (to integrate into our website).   This allows our customer to respond to one centralized platform regardless of their preferred method of communication.

With the Avaya's "Return Destination", I can easily route calls to this outside solution by creating a vector.   I will be the first to admit I know little about the Cisco platform, but I don't see anything comparable which allows me the flexibility to transfer the caller after the Agent hangs up.   From what I read in the past, the CVP post call survey option doesn't allow me to transfer call to an outside system like Avaya.

Views
Helpful
Replies