Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Verifying data coming from Cisco Unified CCX Historical Reports

Good afternoon

I (along with a number of other colleagues) are heavily involved in a project to take data from a wide variety of different sources and merge it all into one system so that we can report on it in a joined-up manner.

The project comprises a number of different types of data source (such as Telephony or CRM). Within each data source type, we have various suppliers of those products. In the case of telephony data (which I'm looking into at the moment), the eventual aim is to make it possible to take data from any of the telephony platforms in use across our business (currently AVAYA, Alcatel and Cisco) and report on it in a uniform way, thus negating the need for an end-user to know what the Cisco definition of AHT is (for example).

The switch I'm currently looking at is a managed switch, meaning that we don't have any sort of direct access to the back-end database(s). We could probably get it, but I suspect that the company that manages it for us would probably charge a small fortune for that. In view of this, I'm working with a number of the standard reports in the Cisco Unified CCX system. My plan (at the moment anyway) is to identify the reports that we can use that will best provide details of all calls into and out of our contact centres. I'd be looking to get the exact details of each individual call, which could then be rolled up into manageable intervals (such as 15-minute or 30-minute).

Before I go much further, I'd like to be clear on something: I'm a database developer rather than a telecoms engineer so if I ask something that appears to be obvious then I apologise in advance. I've got quite a bit of experience of working with the CTI system that sits on top of our AVAYA platform, but it's proving to be a bit of a wrench effectively "un-learning" that system so that I can make room in my head for the Cisco solution.

So, what I've learned (or have guessed) so far is this:

1. When I run the Application Performance Analysis report, the Application Names that are returned are effectively the Call Routes that are set up in the system. Each Call Route can be fed by one or more Called Number (which I understand to essentially be a DDI);
  2. The Application Summary Analysis report shows the same Application Name information as is shown in the Application Performance Report. However this report also shows the Called Number, thus providing slightly more information about the individual DDI being answered;

My next plan is to try and run an Agent-level report so that I can see exactly which calls each agent handled. This is where I've run into problems: I ran the CSQ - Agent Summary report for the whole of 17th October. I then ran the Agent Detail report for the same period, and ran it out to CSV so that I could "play" with the data. The CSQ - Agent Summary Report shows that a particular agent on a particular CSQ Name (ID) handled a total of 29 calls. However, if I filter the Agent Detail report for that agent and CSQ, I get a total of 30 calls and for the life of me am unable to identify where the missing call is coming from. Initially I'd thought it might be bacause the CSQ in question has two separate DDIs but as far as I can see, this is making no difference.

I NEED to be 100% sure that when I'm importing the data from the Cisco reports into our system, I am then able to mimic the types of reports that are coming from Cisco, with the same figures. Therefore, if anyone can help me, I'll be extremely grateful.

TIA

Ian Henderson

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content