Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Recording

Dear,

can you guys give me all the steps required to make this option work.

as i already configure recording script to let the callers to record messages if they don't want to wait on the qeue. but when i check the record file i found it store in temp folder with ( 1 KB ) size only.

pls. help me to solve this issue..

regards,

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What are you trying to do with the recording? Unless you upload it to the repository, email it, or write it nothing will remain after the script terminates.

i create a variable as DOC [], i don't know what else i must to do?

i checked one example from the internet and i did the same, but still not working.

how i can did it to be attached to Email or to be stored in folder ?

A document variable, as with all other types of variables, is expunged from memory when the script terminates.

• To e-mail it: you need to use the Create E-mail, Attach to E-mail, and Send E-mail steps (in that order) if you want it sent as a WAV file. This requires a premium license.
  • To upload it into the repository: you can use the Upload Document step. Note that you must first authenticate the contact using the Get User and Authenticate User steps first.
  • To save it to the file system: you can use the Write Document step. Note that this is not possible starting in CCX8 or later as your access to the file system is severely restricted.

can you pls. send me the complete steps if possible for Email and upload options. as i am new in scripts and i don't know the coorect way to define variables. also if you have a source to help me on scripts.

regards,

Bilal

Bilal,

first you need to make sure if your recording and monitoring is set up properl.

here is some doc link for required config

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008075025a.shtm

thanks for your replay,

the link that you send not working pls. check

Here is the documentation on all of the steps:

Scripting and Development Series: Volume 2, Editor Step Reference for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 7.0(1)

Some of the basics are explain in this document. For the most part the script is just Java code with a pretty UI painted on top so standard Java language rules apply. There are two classes available from Cisco Learning Partners (UCCXD and UCCXA); if you are going to spend much time with the product I suggest taking both classes.

Scripting and Development Series: Volume 1, Getting Started with Scripts for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 7.0(1)

Lastly, Cisco has paid for some scripts to be published to the public. You can reference these to get your bearings:

Cisco Contact Center Express Script Repository

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: