Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VRU defaults

Hi,

I'm having problems with the VRU defaults. Whatever I set in ICM Configuration Manager it is ignored when the script calls a microapp.

The "VRU Settings" node for example sees all my VRU customizations, but it also fails to change the URL sent to the IOS VB.

Right now I have to set the microapp parameters individually by executing 5-6 SET nodes in every script. I'd like to get rid of those if possible.

Does anyone know how this supposed to work?

I'm running ICM 7.1 and CVP 3.1. (type 5 and type 7 VRUs)

Thanks,

Attila Dancso

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: VRU defaults

Attila,

Unfortunately the VRU Settings node, as well as the Play node, the Get Data node, and the other VRU nodes, are not suppored in CVP or IPIVR. As Geoff mentioned, you should use a series of SET nodes near the top of your script, as documented in the CVP config and admin guides.

2 REPLIES
Green

You can put the common SET nodes (to set the ECC variables used by CVP) higher up in your scripting - perhaps in a common script which then has a number of "Go To Script" nodes based on DNIS, menu selection etc. that send the call to the scripts you currently have. These ECC variables will remain as set.

Then each script just has a "Run External Script" node which executes the play media, get digits etc.

I don't quite know what you are putting in "VRU Settings". I never use those for CVP.

The methods are well defined in the CVP Config Guide.

Regards,

Geoff

Cisco Employee

Attila,

Unfortunately the VRU Settings node, as well as the Play node, the Get Data node, and the other VRU nodes, are not suppored in CVP or IPIVR. As Geoff mentioned, you should use a series of SET nodes near the top of your script, as documented in the CVP config and admin guides.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content