Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vxml gateway with cvp

Hello all

can anyone  tell me if prompt of voice xml gateway support codec G.729?I have scneario from branch but they detect source codec g711 I need to see if  can I change that to do not using more BW through the WAN.

Best Regards.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, CVP does support any combination of codecs ( g.729 & g.711 ) on the legs of a call but the codec to be used with VXML prompt is still G.711 only. G.729 is not yet supported.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

View solution in original post

Prompts in G.729 are supported - make sure you use G.729 throughout (what is called a "flat codec") to avoid needing transcoders or MTPs.

You have to fiddle the G.729 WAV file with a hex editor as described in the release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp8_0/release/notes/cvp_801_rnotes.pdf

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, CVP does support any combination of codecs ( g.729 & g.711 ) on the legs of a call but the codec to be used with VXML prompt is still G.711 only. G.729 is not yet supported.

GP.

Forgot to add that there is already an enhancement bug filed to include g.729 support with VXML prompts. The bug id is CSCsx26610. The details are not yet visible to public but will be available in near future.

GP.

Prompts in G.729 are supported - make sure you use G.729 throughout (what is called a "flat codec") to avoid needing transcoders or MTPs.

You have to fiddle the G.729 WAV file with a hex editor as described in the release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp8_0/release/notes/cvp_801_rnotes.pdf

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks you Geoff

I have cvp version 7.0.2 do you know if prompt in codec g729 is support in vxml gateway in this version?

Best Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: