Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VXML GW Port

Hi All - I would like to know, how to check  VXML GW Port is there any specific command to check or Its Paper License.

Suppose lets say we have puchased 100 VXML GW Ports, then Vxml gw cannot process 101 call for VRU Treatment either call teatment would be fom  VXML/Micro-App?

Please help me out to clarify above.

SIVANESAN R       

SIVANESAN R
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dear Siva,

if i am not wrong there when you refer the vxml port license and vxml server port license indicating the same.

CVP port license that you can see from the call server infrasructure  (openUnified CVP Call Server Statistics): it includs SIP and IVR service port license.

CVP VXML Server Port / VXML GW port: you can view from the VXML server statistics which is the actual vxml port licese usedfor queueing and when a call vxml application deployed by call studio to play ivr port fromvxml port also get used.

to summarise if you have 1200 CVP port license and 600 VXML port license , for comprehensive call flow for a single call,

Call server sip+ ivr service=1 from 1200 and

VXML port = 1 from 600 ports.

hopabove will calrify your query.

let us know if you further query.

Regards,

Shalid 

View solution in original post

Siva,

Per active call one call server port will be used till call connects to agent,call Queuing and self services if your use micro -app then its call server port not VXML port. VXML port willbe used when you use VXML application and once call comes out from VXML app that VXML port will be realeased.

for more info refer this doc.

https://www.ciscolive365.com/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=2180

(to access this doc you need register in Ciscolive 365)

If this helps..please rate it.

Bhushan.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can see it under the server in OAMP.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Nagabhushana .g
Level 1
Level 1

In VXML gateway you need to VoiceXML Feature-session license (its Paper license)

VXML server ports license you can view in below path.

"\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\admin\status.bat"

Call server port license:

http://:7000/cvp/diag

Thanks, Is there any relation between VXML G/W Port (Paper License) and VXML Server Port.

Lets say i have purchased 150 VXML Server Ports and 100 VXML GW Ports, then VXML GW can process more than 100 coming for VRU Treatment at a time ?

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

Dear Siva,

if i am not wrong there when you refer the vxml port license and vxml server port license indicating the same.

CVP port license that you can see from the call server infrasructure  (openUnified CVP Call Server Statistics): it includs SIP and IVR service port license.

CVP VXML Server Port / VXML GW port: you can view from the VXML server statistics which is the actual vxml port licese usedfor queueing and when a call vxml application deployed by call studio to play ivr port fromvxml port also get used.

to summarise if you have 1200 CVP port license and 600 VXML port license , for comprehensive call flow for a single call,

Call server sip+ ivr service=1 from 1200 and

VXML port = 1 from 600 ports.

hopabove will calrify your query.

let us know if you further query.

Regards,

Shalid 

Hi sivanesan,

We have only paper license for VXML gatewayport.For example 535.. and 540.. series paper licencese

will 220(range) ,but cisco recmmended to use 190 as max.after the limit there may perfomance issue.

its totally depends on the design of your call flow.

regards

bala

Hi Shalid - Thanks for your update, So you mean to say if i purchased 1000 VXML server Ports then VXML G/W should be capable enough to handle 1000 calls for VRU Treatment at a time? Also we need to purchase Paper License for VXML GW  for that 1000 Ports?

I do remember we have purchased VXML G/W i.e Paper license for one of our client.

Call sever = SIP+ICM+IVR service - Does it mean When calls comes fom G/W ---> CVP SIP Service it will occupy one call server ports (SIP) and when ICM service needs to communicate with ICME (VRU PG) it will occupy one call server ports (ICM) and when IVR Service trying to communicate with VXML VBSERVLET it will occupy one Call server ports (IVR) or For Single call it will occupy only one call server Ports which is the combination of (SIP+ICM+IVR)

Also for Micro-App application like queuing and Self service we don't need VXML Ports right, VXML Ports only required when we use VXML Apps.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

Yes,when your running VoiceXML services on one of the Cisco 1800, 2800, 3800,2900, or 3900 Series gateways, purchase an additional license such as FL-VoiceXML-1(one session) or FL-VoiceXML-12(12 Session)..As i know maximam 456 VXML seesions supports in 3945 E router..So you to design the VXML gateways and licenses based on requirement..

■Calls per second (cps)

■ Maximum concurrent calls

■ Maximum concurrent VoiceXML sessions

I have summazired CVP depoyment licenses detail as below.

Types of CVP Licenses

The following list defines the elements that make up the Unified CVP licensing strategy.Depending on the deployment model used, some or all these elements could be implemented to license and run the solution.

Unified CVP Server-SW

The CVP Server-SW license is required for each Unified CVP Call Server and VoiceXML Server. The CVP Server-SW licenses for the CVP Call Servers are tied to the IP address of the servers. The CVP Server-SW licenses for the CVP VXML Servers are tied to a unique System ID. However, you do not need a CVP Server-SW license for the Operations Console or Reporting Servers.

Cisco Unified Call Studio license:

Call Studio is licensed for each developer machine where Call Studio is installed,which is typically at least one per CVP deployment

Unified CVP Ports

a)Call server port license:

Call server port license file automatically generates when you install call server, contains 1200 ports.(8.X CVP onwards)

b)VXML port license:

VXML ports you ordered are for a Unified CVP VoiceXML Server

■ In your deployment, you receive a pool made up of CVP VXML Ports, This pool must be divided among each of the servers.

■ Typically, you would want to divide your pool licenses evenly between your VXML Servers. For example, if your Port License SKU includes 500 licenses, and you have five CVP VXML Servers, you would license each server for

100 licenses.

c)VXML Gateway port license:

when running VoiceXML services on one of the Cisco 1800, 2800, 3800,2900, or 3900 Series gateways, purchase an additional license such as FL-VoiceXML-1 orFL-VoiceXML-12.

Hi Naga - Thanks for your valuable info, i think fom 8.x when u generate call server license u ill get 1000 Ports but you can use only the number of ports which you have purchased.

Can you please clarify below doubts.

Call sever = SIP+ICM+IVR service - Does it mean When calls comes fom G/W ---> CVP SIP Service it will occupy one call server ports (SIP) and when ICM service needs to communicate with ICME (VRU PG) it will occupy one call server ports (ICM) and when IVR Service trying to communicate with VXML VBSERVLET it will occupy one Call server ports (IVR) or For Single call it will occupy only one call server Ports which is the combination of (SIP+ICM+IVR)

Also for Micro-App application like queuing and Self service we don't need VXML Ports right, VXML Ports only required when we use VXML Apps.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

Siva,

Per active call one call server port will be used till call connects to agent,call Queuing and self services if your use micro -app then its call server port not VXML port. VXML port willbe used when you use VXML application and once call comes out from VXML app that VXML port will be realeased.

for more info refer this doc.

https://www.ciscolive365.com/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=2180

(to access this doc you need register in Ciscolive 365)

Bhushan.

Hi Naga - Thanks for your info.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

Naga - I have one more doubt, For fresh call call it will consume one call server ports till it connects to agent/entire cycle of the call.

Suppose if the agents is not available and i have Queue Prompt with Micro App (PM) it will consume another call server port/it will use existing call server port which consumed during execution of Fresh calls.

How about in Transfer/Conferenece scenario  through CVP, when fresh call landed to agent it will consume one call server ports and agent transfer to another DN using CTI R.P/ICM DNP CVP will consume another call server ports/it will use

existing call server port which consumed during execution of Fresh calls.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

Ok fine , so I have a question.

If I am having only Micro-app , do I need to purchase VXML gateway port licesne from Cisco?

Regards

Yes..you need to purchase VXML gateway port lincenses(Paper license) to provide the VRU treatment ..Since your using micro -app no need have VXML server port lincese.

I hope this clarifies your question.

Thanks mate for the prompt reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: