Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN Fail Over in Duplexed Setup

ganapathi s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a Duplexed setup with Rogger over the WAN and PG's with local Fail-over. Side A is having 2 PG's and Side B is having 3 Pg's. Out of 3 PG one is Dummy PG and made active in Side B. If the WAN Link(Public and Private) go down which Side will be active. Kindly explain.

Thanks,

Gana

1 Reply 1

Mark Frijns
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gana,

I know this is 3 years ago that you asked this question, however it could be a live one with others. I myself are searching for a guide on how to setup the dummy pg, but to answer your question.

Side A sees 5 PG's (from both sides). Side A will go active when it sees 50% or more PG's. In this scenario, Side A will be active when seeing 3 PG's. If the WAN link goes down, it will only see 2 PG's and will NOT  be active.

Side A sees 5 PG's as well. Side B will go active when it sees more than 50%. In this scenario, Side B will be active when seeing 3 PG's. If the WAN link goes down, it will only see 3 PG's and will be active.

Hope this clarifies your question you had a long time ago.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: