Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Warm transfer between queues

Using IPCC Express.  I've got an escalation queue built that is used by agents in other queues to reach an escalation engineer.  Typically Agent A receives a call in their respective queue and when an escalation is needed they put that call on hold and dial into the escalation queue to reach an escalation engineer - Agent B.  This works well and they both agents are connected without a problem.  However, in many cases Agent A is attempting to warm transfer the on-hold call to the escalation engineer - Agent B at which point the escalation engineer gets a fast busy and the call is logged as abandoned.  Based on the MIVR logs it looks like this is happening because IPCC is losing control of the on-hold call during the transfer. 

Has anyone else been able to get something similar working - a tranfer between agents in different queues?

4 REPLIES

Hi,

I have discussed this with our local Cisco SE and the final answer was: do not use blind transfer as it is not supported. Yes, the call center component (both UCCX and UCCE) loses control over the call once it has been transferred.

G.

Do you know of a way to get this or a similar solution to work?  I need the ability to select an escalation engineer from a queue while simultaneously being able to complete a transfer to the selected agent.

Based on my research of this problem I can't come up with a solution that would accomplish this.  I have gotten some pretty creative solutions from this forum in the past and I am hoping for a similar outcome here.

Hi,

well, you can create a simple script that would use a Call Redirect step (that can supervise the transfer into a certain extent). I mean, you would have to tell the agents not to transfer the call directly to the destination's extension number, but use a "transfer number" instead.

Yes, I believe it is a pain in the neck, but I cannot think of a better solution at this moment.

G.

How about transfering the call to a "Call Park" and have the escalation agent pick it up? Of course you would need to be on the same call manager.....

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content