Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Web server redirect in EIM/WIM

Hi all,

I'm planning to do a IIS redirect from the corporate web server (accessible through public url) into the internal web server hosting EIM/WIM. My EIM/WIM is on a single server configuration. Which server would be taking the load for this; corporate or internal web server?

Has anyone done this before? Is there any restriction / consideration to take into account (i.e. access, port #, etc).

Thanks!

-JT-

4 REPLIES

Re: Web server redirect in EIM/WIM

Hi JT,

i'm trying to deploy the same...where did you install the webserver? on the corporate server or on the application server?

thanks in advance,

Hi all,

What i notice was for chat to work, both entry point as well as agent login needs to be FQDN so i dont believe the redirection of url would work. Not too sure why ip address would not work.

A few questions i have regarding the design of web server in a distributed environment 3 servers (web server, app/serv/file/etc, db)

a) must they all it be in the same domain?

b) can both web server & app/serv/file server be in the same domain while the db server be in a different domain? as far as i can see, only app/serv are accessing the db using jdbc connection

c) what is the process (post-production) to change the ip address / hostname of those servers? would that require a reinstallation?

Thanks!

-JT-

a) must they all it be in the same domain?

Don't think so.

b) can both web server & app/serv/file server be in the same domain while the db server be in a different domain? as far as i can see, only app/serv are accessing the db using jdbc connection

Yes, specially if you're using SQL authentication.

c) what is the process (post-production) to change the ip address / hostname of those servers? would that require a reinstallation?

I wouldn't think so, but I've never tried it, but if it were me I would reinstall, specially since the installation process is pretty clean (assuming 4.3).

david

hi david,

a) i thought there was some requirement to have same access/id across the distributed system which is going to be use to start the services? if the web server has a public ip/fqdn (meant for WIM) wouldnt that mean we are (unintentionally) opening access up for the agent/whoever to login into the system from the internet?

b) thanks

c) i dont plan to reinstall my 4.2.x

-JT-

Views
Helpful
Replies