Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Web view historical fileds showing null

I am running on a 7.5 version with split progger model with an AWHDS on each side.When i generate the reports i can see the real time reports but i do not see the historical.I do not see errors in any of the console and when i get into the db and check i can see fileds like TCD having data but many other fields empty.Not sure if it is a replication or some bug we are hitting.

I would also like to know if we can change the Logger DB and AWHDS DB to what was set during the icm db creation.Now when i go into any of it shows the present databse and other 0,even if i change it there is no option to save it by which it can replicate as 2 and 2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Web view historical fileds showing null

If there is a firewall in between the Logger/HDS, make sure the appropriate ports are open. Beyond that, at this point it sounds like you need someone to jump into your system and take a look around. I would suggest opening a TAC case.

12 REPLIES
Green

Mmm, it sounds like it is not configured correctly.

ICMDBA is a pretty good tool to help you look at replication. Pick a table (say Call Type Half Hour) on the Logger and look at the time stamps - then look at the same table on the HDS. What do the time stamps tell you? Look at the table on both DBs with Query Analyzer.

Increase the trace on the replication process on the HDS. You should see it indicating lots of stuff coming over, especially just after the half hour where the PGs send up their summary to the Logger.

I would also like to know if we can change the Logger DB and AWHDS DB to what was set during the icm db creation.Now when i go into any of it shows the present databse and other 0,even if i change it there is no option to save it by which it can replicate as 2 and 2.

Could not figure out what you were asking here.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Ganesh,

Even I suspect this to be a config error. Pls confirm if you were able to see historical data earlier and it stopped just now or never ever worked out till date.

Also, I'd like you to check in CM-PG config > CM-PIM settings > Agent Distribution Tab

1. Enable Agent reporting  needs to be ticked (enabled).

2. Enable Agent Event Detail needs to be ticked (enabled).

3. Distributor Site name is added to list (hostname of both HDS servers).

Restart Distributor service on both AW/HDS servers and confirm historical reports.

Gd lk.

Regards,

Soman Nair.

(Pls rate if this helps)

Thanks both for your reply.Geoff well the thing here is Logger database shows all the values like the agent logout status half hours,other things.Now in my HDS database i do not see these information beign populated.I had the HDS tore down completely and recreated it cause it is just in a testing phase and just has data for test calls.I then restarted the services on both Logger and AWHDS hoping the data would be pushed automatically,but the data still does not get populated.The only error which i am getting is my Logger is Historical records may have got deleted after the HDS was built and on the AWHDS 1% of log is filled and 0% of data.

The second question was can i change the   DB's selected from icmdba creation having 2 hds instead of 1 which was selected earlier.

Soman to answer your questions yes all the ones you have mentioned has been selected and configured.

I know  the logger pushes the data to HDS(15days) without doing much but is there a way by which we can have it synced manually like between the loggers,nothing which i have found.

Run ICMSetup on your Loggers and make sure that Historical Data Replication is checked. Also make sure HDS is checked in ICMsetup on your distributors.

Ed hi,yes those are selected in both the locations....

If there is a firewall in between the Logger/HDS, make sure the appropriate ports are open. Beyond that, at this point it sounds like you need someone to jump into your system and take a look around. I would suggest opening a TAC case.

ED no firewall cause it is in the same vlan and i can see the ports between HDS and Progger opened and connected.Is there a possibility of a manual sync between a Progger DB and and HDS through icmdba.I tried one to check but said cannot get the AWHDS db.

Sorry no, you cannot manual sync from Logger to HDS using icmdba or any other tool I am aware of, it is an automated process. Here are a couple Cisco pages discussing HDS replication settings that may help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a00801357ff.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a008014f8b9.shtml

You mentioned you tried using icmdba but it said "cannot get the AWHDS db". If icmdba cannot connect to the AWHDS database then there may be some issue with the database configuration or with permissions.

Thanks ED.I will have a look into the documents which you have send and see it it can fix my problems or else i guess TAC.I was trying to do a manual sync from logger to hds.So when i selected HDS as destination showed me the server but the database was not pulled.But i am able to get into the SQL server management studio and login AWHDS from logger using both sa or windows.

ED checked the registry entry too on the HDS has been set /all as required to replicate the entire data.Ports 40026 and 40028 from hds to logger to no problem able to telent.So i guess it has to be the TAC now then.

Hi Ganesh,

Out of my curiosity, We'd be interested to know the resolution provided by TAC.

Regards,

Soman Nair.

Sure Soman i would post it here once i get the fix for it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content