Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WebView: Abandon While Offered

ICM 6.0 with CUCM 4.1(3) & CRS 3.5(4)

A manager has noted a number of instances of calls being abandoned while offered (ringing) as well as RNA calls. An especially odd thing about this is that these are auto-answer agents. The calls are happening to a consistent subset of agents.

We configure auto-answer in CUCM (Auto-answer with headset) on the agent's ICM-controlled second line. Autoanswer is unchecked in the ICM desk setting for these agents. The RNA timer is set to 12 seconds.

We suspect some kind of either training issue or agent trick (to avoid handling a call), but we have been unable to come up with scenarios for how they might be doing this besides not having the headset active. However, the number of abandon while ringing seems excessive for that scenario.

Anybody seen anything like this?

5 REPLIES
Green

Re: WebView: Abandon While Offered

agent trick (to avoid handling a call) - I like that.

Auto-answer on headset. Under normal conditions the headset light is on. When you walk around do you see agents who don't have this lamp lit?

You could, as a temporary change, create a new Agent Desk Settings for this subset of agents with an empty RNA timer so the phone will always ring at the ready agent even if they forgot to press their headset button. That should annoy the agents enough!

Regards,

Geoff

Why don't you activate auto answer at agent desk settings in ICM?

Regards

Silver

And the war with the Agents is on :D

Check the Termination_Call_Detail table for more information about what is happening to the Calls.

TAC has suggested doing one (ICM) or the other (CUCM), but not both (due to a potential race condition). I would rather restrict auto answer to the headset only, so there isn't a call sitting on an open speakerphone if an agent walks away accidentally without going Not Ready (it happens...way too often evidently).

Green

In my opinion, and I have tried both ways, using CUCM auto answer on headset is superior simply for the ZIP tone. Once agents have that, they will not give it up.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies