cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webview error - The WebView database cannot be contacted.

jamlingmeyer
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone seen this error before when logging in to Webview? I can log in to webview, and run reports, but this error shows up on the Welcome to Webview Reporting page."The WebView database cannot be contacted. Saved Reports, Favorites, and the Job Scheduler will not be available. Please contact your administrator."

This is a new install of 7.0.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have seen the problem on IPCC 6.0. Does it happen for all users or only some? Create a new user and see if it is still happening. The problem started occuring for ICM security users that were also configured as Supervisors. The way I had it resolved was to unallocate them as supervisors, and create seperate user name for supervisor and security user. Obviously that is not ideal solution, but it fixed it.

Chris

I wasn't having a user problem, but I was not able to save reports, or run the scheduler.

When I logged in to webview, I had an error message "The webview database cannot be contacted"

I fixed the problem by running set up again for webview and used the ip address instead of the hostname.

Thanks,

IPCC 7 uses SQL database 'wvdb' to store reports and schedules, apparantly the user ID you use has difficulty to access that database, or maybe the database is setup. Can you check if the database is there and accessible, and the userID has full permission over that DB?

Another possibility is when running ICM setup for webview, you didn't point to the right server, which 'wvdb' resides.

Wei