Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WebView reporting field explanation

Hello,

In Webview reporting daily call type "caltyp22" there's a column called "completed tasks - return" that appears in the exported report in excel format as "returnBR" which stands for "return Busy Ring".

I have checked in Webview Template Reference guide searching for the meaning of this field but could not understand exactly the meaning of this field.

Snippet from the guide:

The number of tasks of the call type that ICM software routed to Return nodes during the half-hour interval.

Derived from: Call_Type_Half_Hour.ReturnBusyToHalf + Call_Type_Half_Hour.ReturnRingToHalf + Call_Type_Half_Hour.ReturnReleaseToHalf +

Can someone explain please?

Thanks,

Justine.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Actually, UCCE tracks the disposition of every call - in this case, any of the "return" values is based on a call that the Call Router tried to route but did not get to the intended target selected.  Typically that's an agent who doesn't answer their phone and we see those peg under "ReturnRingToHalf - but if for some reason there was a race condition and the agent was already off-hook the call could have gotten a "ReturnBusyToHalf" peg if the call didn't get answered but got a busy tone.

The more tricky one is "ReturnRelease" where a call that was routed to an agent failed on delivery and was released by the system - hung up on.  That shouldn't happen unless the RONA or requery settings are not done properly for the system, but we all know strange things do happen to good systems.

This has nothing to do with the actual scripting of the call, it's all about the disposition of what happened when the call was delivered - hopefully the scripting and configuration is properly designed to catch these errors and re-route the calls properly to another destination.  Use these return indicators to help you further improve the performance of your system or hunt down agents who are behaving badly and impacting your caller experience.

Thanks,

-Chris

You are both right. I've seen the Call_Type_Half_Hour.ReturnReleaseToHalf count increase for both instances, "script node release" and "system release after fail delivery" when testing in Production environment using caltyp22 report.

Thanks,

Raymon Khan

Contact Center Network Engineer

Infinity Sales Group, LLC

5201 Congress Ave.

Boca Raton, FL 33487
O: (561) 665-4310 ext. 1185
C: (561) 880-5426
rkhan@infsalesgroup.com

7 REPLIES

If you use in your ICM script after the Call Type node one of the following nodes: Ring, Busy or Release

then the call will be counted as Return.

Most probably you are using a Release node after Call Type, so check you script after the Call Type and Queue to Skill Group nodes.

Regards,

Moath

Actually, UCCE tracks the disposition of every call - in this case, any of the "return" values is based on a call that the Call Router tried to route but did not get to the intended target selected.  Typically that's an agent who doesn't answer their phone and we see those peg under "ReturnRingToHalf - but if for some reason there was a race condition and the agent was already off-hook the call could have gotten a "ReturnBusyToHalf" peg if the call didn't get answered but got a busy tone.

The more tricky one is "ReturnRelease" where a call that was routed to an agent failed on delivery and was released by the system - hung up on.  That shouldn't happen unless the RONA or requery settings are not done properly for the system, but we all know strange things do happen to good systems.

This has nothing to do with the actual scripting of the call, it's all about the disposition of what happened when the call was delivered - hopefully the scripting and configuration is properly designed to catch these errors and re-route the calls properly to another destination.  Use these return indicators to help you further improve the performance of your system or hunt down agents who are behaving badly and impacting your caller experience.

Thanks,

-Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the explanation.

I need to explain a bit the routing scripts on ICM:

- I have an ICM Routing Script that sends the call to CVP for self service. Then the customer can press star to speak to an agent. Then the Call is requalified to another Call Type for reporting purposes.

- The new call type is triggered where a new Routing Script is executed. This script contains the Queue along with the Hold Music.

In WebView reports, I can see the following in caltyp22 daily report:

(1) For the first Call Type (IVR only):

Completed Tasks columns:

I know that:

- Total = Aban + Return + Flow Out + Others

- Aban : number of calls that have closed the line while in IVR (did not choose to speak to an agent)

- Flow Out : number of calls that were requalified to the second call type (this is equal to the number of calls that was offered to the Queue)

I need to know:

- Return : this column contains a number that is almost equivalent to 1/4 of the Total Completed Tasks

(2) For the second Call Type (queue):

Return = 0

I am interested more in the Return value for the first call type.  Any idea what this value refers to?

Thanks,

Justine.

Hello Justine,  I am confused

Hello Justine, 

I am confused with the field "OTHER". I would like to know what it actually indicates in call type reports. 

Thanks

Ankit

Hi, can you please start a

Hi, can you please start a new thread with your question.

G.

Re: WebView reporting field explanation

Thank you Chris for the detailed explanation.

But why in ICM DB Schema it says:

ReturnReleaseToHalf: Count of calls that executed a Release node in their routing script in the half-hour interval.

Regards,

Moath

You are both right. I've seen the Call_Type_Half_Hour.ReturnReleaseToHalf count increase for both instances, "script node release" and "system release after fail delivery" when testing in Production environment using caltyp22 report.

Thanks,

Raymon Khan

Contact Center Network Engineer

Infinity Sales Group, LLC

5201 Congress Ave.

Boca Raton, FL 33487
O: (561) 665-4310 ext. 1185
C: (561) 880-5426
rkhan@infsalesgroup.com

Views
Helpful
Replies