Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Webview reporting issue

Having a problem with one user account. Getting the following error when trying to run any report:

"There are no items available, because you are not authorized to view this data or the items have not been configured in the ICM database.Contact your ICM administrator to confirm your authorization and the ICM configuration."

This message happens when trying to login with this account from any machine. I have deleted and recreated the user account in ICM and get the same results. Other accounts are working fine.

11 REPLIES

Re: Webview reporting issue

Check the Bug CSCma24079.

If it s not like your issue. Go to your AW Server start the Internet Explorer there and try to login with that account and see if you get the same error.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the bug does not apply and the same error happens when launching directly on the AW.

1. Logins can be case sensitive, but you can log in using the wrong case ok but no data is returned. I'd check this first.

2. I had a similar problem with system IPCC, if the user was set up via the ICM tools they got this for some reports but not all. To access all reports check that they are configured for all required groups in the AD user tool (especially SQL)

I think the issue is caused by the AD letting them log in but then they do not have the required SQL permissions.

Cheers

Bully

Silver

Did you tried restarting the IIS Service?

I tried using the login as entered in AD following case exactly and still no luck. I compared the troubled users AD settings against another account that works just fine in Webview and everything is the same.

I also restarted IIS but unfortunatley the problem still remains.

Thanks for your input!

Silver

Do you get any Errors/warning on the Eventviewer (application/Security/System) of your AW when trying to log with that user?

No, the only thing I see in the app log is the successful login. There is nothing in the other logs related to when I login or try to execute a report with this users credentials.

I also received this error message.

The fix was to ensure that the login name was in the correct case.

For example, 'Supervisor' and 'supervisor' will both log you in, but only the name with the correct case will receive any data.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Jennifer

I tried that too, following case exactly and finally ended up just configuring a different account in the user list.

This system was all configured prior to my arrival and admittedly, I am quite the novice on the IPCC Enterprise environment.

It appears some users/agents were configured as both a Supervisor and an ICM user. I see instances where the agent login is ASmith and the ICM user is asmith and everything works fine. When I tried to delete and recreate the ICM user for the troubled account, I think I was running into issues with AD. I didn't really understand what was going on there but I believe I do now.

From what I can tell, the agent login does not get created in AD but the ICM user does. When I deleted and tried to reconfigure the same ICM username I get the message that the account already exists and a question asking if I want to map the ICM user to the existing NT account. If I say yes, I get the SQL server error about not being able to insert duplicate key in object 'user group'.

I appreciate all the input!

Silver

Start->Programs-> Sql Server->Sql Analyzer->

Select The awdb database and :

Select * from User_Group

Do you get the user that u deleted listed in the table?

Yes, thanks. I figured out where the problem is. When I originally deleted the ICM user account I believe I chose not to delete the associated NT account since I did not understand what the ramifications would be. I think I was concerned the agent login would be affected but now I understand that is not the case.

Thanks again for all the help!

Views
Helpful
Replies